2012 Manufacturer Catalog Download discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Knife enthusiasts! 2012 is fast approaching, let's see if we can make a difference in this industry... with baby steps. Every year, companies print up tens of thousands of knife catalogs generating untold waste. Let's change that - if a company has a web presence and a paper catalog, there's no reason for them not to be able to produce a downloadable version as well.

Post links to the catalogs that are available for direct download, I'll update the announcement and this OP as needed.

2012 Catalogs:

2011 Catalogs:
Al Mar Knives
Benchmade Knives - Various
Boker Outdoor Collection | Premium Catalog Collection
Cold Steel - ZIP
Condor Knife & Tool
Emerson Knives - PDF
ESEE Knives
Gerber - PDF
SOG Knives
Wenger Swiss Army

This list is way too small. If you have a company "liked" on facebook, pester them to make a downloadable catalog available. If they have one available, let me know and I'll list it on BladeForums.com. It's the 21st century, the web's been around for almost 20 years, there's no reason not to be able to get this done.

I'll create a separate section for 2011 catalogs!

Great Idea!

I'll send this link to my favorite knife company!
jb4570

Great idea to be able to view instantly what's available. But, it is still very relaxing to sit back and peruse a big fat paper catalog while enjoying your favorite beverage on a day off work.Never gets old.

SEMPER-FI TIL I DIE

Very cool idea.

I got a reply today from Kabar. They are working on making their catalog available online, though the files are too large for them to put on their website. Take a 10mb file and multiply a few thousand times and you get the amount of data that will be being transmitted all over the place. Is there anyway BF could host the file? They did say they are working on it, though I wouldn't expect anything soon.

There's plenty of free file hosting sites as well, but yeah, we could mirror it too.

Kabar's wont' be available until after SHOT, I just checked. As soon as I can get the link, I'll get it to ya, Sparko Diablo.

See ya soon.

Moose

Kabar's wont' be available until after SHOT, I just checked. As soon as I can get the link, I'll get it to ya, Sparko Diablo.

See ya soon.

Moose

Good to hear. Thanks for the info!

There's plenty of free file hosting sites as well, but yeah, we could mirror it too.

True. Was just seeing what our options were if it was going to take months and months.

Last edited:
Knife enthusiasts! 2012 is fast approaching, let's see if we can make a difference in this industry... with baby steps. Every year, companies print up tens of thousands of knife catalogs generating untold waste. Let's change that - if a company has a web presence and a paper catalog, there's no reason for them not to be able to produce a downloadable version as well.

Post links to the catalogs that are available for direct download, I'll update the announcement and this OP as needed.

2012 Catalogs:
Spyderco 2012 Catalog - PDF

Kershaw 2012 Catalog - PDF

2011 Catalogs:
Benchmade Knives - Various
Cold Steel - ZIP
Emerson Knives - PDF
Gerber - PDF

This list is way too small. If you have a company "liked" on facebook, pester them to make a downloadable catalog available. If they have one available, let me know and I'll list it on BladeForums.com. It's the 21st century, the web's been around for almost 20 years, there's no reason not to be able to get this done.

Thanks Spark, I thought that was available for the A. G. Russell Knife catalog. It is for the Cutting Edge catalog and now will be for the knife catalog as soon as we can get it done. Would not have happened if you had not spolen up.

A. G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back