1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2012 Manufacturer Catalog Download discussion

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Knife enthusiasts! 2012 is fast approaching, let's see if we can make a difference in this industry... with baby steps. Every year, companies print up tens of thousands of knife catalogs generating untold waste. Let's change that - if a company has a web presence and a paper catalog, there's no reason for them not to be able to produce a downloadable version as well.

Post links to the catalogs that are available for direct download, I'll update the announcement and this OP as needed.

2012 Catalogs:

2011 Catalogs:
    Al Mar Knives
    Benchmade Knives - Various
    Boker Outdoor Collection | Premium Catalog Collection
    Cold Steel - ZIP
    Condor Knife & Tool
    Emerson Knives - PDF
    ESEE Knives
    Gerber - PDF
    SOG Knives
    Wenger Swiss Army

This list is way too small. If you have a company "liked" on facebook, pester them to make a downloadable catalog available. If they have one available, let me know and I'll list it on BladeForums.com. It's the 21st century, the web's been around for almost 20 years, there's no reason not to be able to get this done.

2. Totally Judy

Totally Judy

Dec 3, 2000
    Great idea, Spark!

Thanks for getting this started.

TJ

3. riz_aaroni

riz_aaroni Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Emerson has a page with all the knives' pictures listed with links, would something like this count? Definitely in support of this. The amount of dinero they save too can be good for both the companies and the consumers.

They also have a downloadedable catalog here Emerson Knives.

Benchmade Catalogs.

Zero Tolerance Knives.

Gerber Knives.

4. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    I'll create a separate section for 2011 catalogs!

5. meanoldbobber

meanoldbobber

Mar 22, 2011
    Thanks for the resource!
    I know what I'll be doing this evening.

6. jb4570

jb4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Great Idea!

I'll send this link to my favorite knife company!
    jb4570

7. bld522

bld522

Feb 3, 2004
  8. russianpolander

russianpolander

May 23, 2011
    Great idea to be able to view instantly what's available. But, it is still very relaxing to sit back and peruse a big fat paper catalog while enjoying your favorite beverage on a day off work.Never gets old.

SEMPER-FI TIL I DIE

9. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Great idea Spark, thanks for doing this.

10. Bastid

Bastid Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder. Staff Member Super Mod

Feb 27, 2001
    Very cool idea.

11. riz_aaroni

Feb 7, 2007
    I got a reply today from Kabar. They are working on making their catalog available online, though the files are too large for them to put on their website. Take a 10mb file and multiply a few thousand times and you get the amount of data that will be being transmitted all over the place. Is there anyway BF could host the file? They did say they are working on it, though I wouldn't expect anything soon.

12. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    There's plenty of free file hosting sites as well, but yeah, we could mirror it too.

13. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    Kabar's wont' be available until after SHOT, I just checked. As soon as I can get the link, I'll get it to ya, Sparko Diablo.

See ya soon.

Moose

14. riz_aaroni

Feb 7, 2007
    Good to hear. Thanks for the info!

True. Was just seeing what our options were if it was going to take months and months.

15. Wyheard

Wyheard

Dec 13, 2010
    Thank you great links.

wh

16. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
  17. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
  18. lrv

lrv

Sep 14, 2003
  19. Trent Rock

Trent Rock

Jun 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  20. A. G. Russell

A. G. Russell

Mar 10, 2001
    Thanks Spark, I thought that was available for the A. G. Russell Knife catalog. It is for the Cutting Edge catalog and now will be for the knife catalog as soon as we can get it done. Would not have happened if you had not spolen up.

A. G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.