2018 Arkansas Knife Show - Knife Photos and Awards!

Will be flying out first thing tomorrow morning. Getting into LR late tomorrow . Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Thanks Coop for posting up the folder pic. ( if I could only figure out how to:confused: )

Bing

I have another one to finish, but these are three I will be bringing:
Cowboy Bowie, San-mai/ancient Bakelite and a Cocobolo Short Occasional Bowie - S.O.B.:
iFm0OWe.jpg

W35us0Y.jpg

GiF4yWc.jpg

6XZiO56.jpg

SmQkbgf.jpg

SqYY9MV.jpg

AgmOJsv.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_4130.JPG.jpeg Just got my first email (iPhone) photo . It's really too small to read the writin', but it appears that John Horrigan received at least two awards.

Edit: I finally figured out how to get it off my phone and enlarge it. Looks like he snagged "Best Performance Bowie", and "Best Fighter", and if that dagger laying there didn't win anything........there must have been some unbelievable knives in the contest. I also just noticed, they are both SOLD!

Paul

Last edited:
Paul,

Andrew Meers and J.R. Cook tied for "Best Dagger" and Andrew's dagger won "Best in Show".

John's Bowie and Fighter were both phenomenal as expected.

Last edited:
[Arkansas Knife Show]
"The news of my death has been grossly exaggerated."
[Me gasping for breath] I agree!

From the Cutting contest on Friday (in spite of imperfect weather), to the filled banquet Friday evening with incredible award submissions and winners, to the show itself on Saturday, which was standing room only, I will submit that from my viewpoint I have rarely seen a show packed with so much energy and enthusiasm.

What a privilege to be engaged in this outstanding show; it was as good as I'd ever heard only better.

Shout out to Logan Pearce who took the initiative and challenge to keep the show moving forward. He made a number of changes and hit an absolute home run. He's an unlikely hero but he is a hero in this regard. Hats off to Jerry Fisk for his guidance and counsel with Logan.

The show was packed. I was working from Friday noon until closing on Saturday with projects; makers were happy to see me, happy to offer me work, and the overall Vibe was very positive.

I'm pecking away at a phone and I will get home and have a gazillion edits and other challenges to take care of, so I won't have much to say for a while. But I will say it visually very soon.

I'll let others recount their experiences. What a great opportunity to hang out with my friend buddy Thomason a couple of evenings and share stories over dinner. Thanks to everyone. We'll talk soon.

The show IMO was a Huge success!!Always happy to see old friends and make new ones, and thrilled to be chosen by my peers to tie with Kenny Rowe for the Best Sheath award!!
You did a great job Logan and I commend you and all that assisted you in making this happen on a job well done!!

Lairson's camp knife; Newberry's spear; K Hanson's camp knife; Andersen's cowboy bowie - my wallet would be beyond empty in a heartbeat.

There were so many MS and JS there, every table was spectacular. It was really the Creme de la Creme. The venue was great, really nice hotels were all within a few blocks as were the restaurants. It was one of the best long weekends the wife and I have had in a long time. Made new friends and the fellowship was fantastic. We're already looking forward to next year.

My scores.

Karl Anderson's Cowboy Bowie

IMG_4936.JPG

Andrew Meers' first Nakiri and his hybrid Santuko. These knives melted in my hand. So light and fast.

IMG_4940.JPG

I was able to watch (My first time in person) a knife being forged by Lin Rhea. He has a coal forge set up outside the Historic Arkansas Museum. It was a real treat to not only watch but to pick up this one.

IMG_4938.JPG

I spotted this unique Fighter on Logan Pearce's table and grabbed it. It's a handful and his flamed Damascus really sets it off the charts. I need to get this one to Mr. Long for a cross draw sheath.

IMG_4933.JPG

Sounds like you knocked it out of the park Logan. That’s what the knife world needed. Fabulous job. Alan

Back