1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 BLADE SHOW; Maker's Show Us What You Got!

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Kevin Jones, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Blade Show 2018 is just 6 weeks away. Some are already completing knives so
    Its time to post my annual "Show Us Your Knives" thread

We would sure appreciate pre-views of any BLADE bound knives makers care to share.

Even if you post photos in a separate thread, please post them here as well.
    For future reference, it's very convenient to have all '2018 BLADE Show knives in one thread.

Blade Show is Friday June 1st>Sunday June 3th this year.
    For complete info:
    http://bladeshow.com/

Logan Pearce, parfums95 and BFS like this.
  2. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Blade is 5 weeks from Friday and near no talk of it.

Don Hanson III and Logan Pearce like this.
  3. erik markman

erik markman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 13, 2007
    I have a couple ready but I have trouble posting pics.

Logan Pearce likes this.
  4. Logan Pearce

Logan Pearce Awesome Sauce Smith (A.S.S) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 21, 2012
    We are all probably still working on our knives. :p I know I am. :D

Don Hanson III likes this.
  5. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    I have one done, phone pics on instagram. I'll get some photos up here as I finish.

6. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I wasn't talking about just here but everywhere. Spyderco is the only production company I have seen say anything at all about Blade.

7. Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Apr 12, 2006
    Two empty tables at this point... :D

Mecha, valknut and Mike157 like this.
  8. Carl Colson

Carl Colson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 4, 2016
    Heres a Set I'm Working on More Pics to come,Have Almost Half of them Completed.[​IMG]IMG_0195 by carl colson, on Flickr

9. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    Carl, I'll take the bottom 3 on the left. :D

Those look fantastic . Skip Atlanta and send those to Louisiana

Carl Colson likes this.
  10. erik markman

erik markman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 13, 2007
    FB_IMG_1525610229751.jpg Almost ready with this one.

11. coldsteelburns

coldsteelburns

Aug 2, 2010
    Carl, I absolutely LOVE those clip points on the bottom right. The profiles look like some great custom folders I've seen over the years, but in fixed blade versions. You really have some nice and fresh looking profiles in that bunch. Beautiful grinds too. :thumbsup:

That's a beast, Eric, looks great!

I look forward to seeing more in this thread, as I'm never able to attend Blade.

~Paul
    My Youtube Channel
    ... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

valknut and erik markman like this.
  12. Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Apr 12, 2006
    Ben Tendick is sending back the wakizashi/tanto daisho we collaborated on for me to put on the table at Blade.

[​IMG]helmtendick08 by James Helm, on Flickr

[​IMG]helmtendick07 by James Helm, on Flickr

You can tell by the skinny waist that it's Ben in the picture and not me. :D

Got some carcass splitters in the works too, among other stuff.

13. KHall

KHall KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 17, 2009
    Here are some Damascus Rings that I will have at Blade. Rings are 15N20 and 1095. Come by and check them out. I'll be at table 16R. I'll be posting a few knifes that I will have on my table in the next week or so.

See ya at Blade,
    Ken

[​IMG]

14. Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Apr 12, 2006
    Well, I had this...

[​IMG]bladeshow01 by James Helm, on Flickr

...but it sold within a few minutes of me posting it on Instagram. My wife wasn't too happy, but I don't choose the time for my pickup's transmission to bite the dust. Needed the money! :eek::eek::eek:

Panic mode engage!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

15. Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Apr 12, 2006
  16. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    any 'non knife' items you'll have on display at your table Mr. Crow? :)

17. Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Apr 12, 2006
    Going to try to have some tomahawks and a new type of item on the stock removal side, God willing and time don't run out. We'll see. :)

Send you an e-mail here momentarily.

18. Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Apr 12, 2006
    Every year, getting ready for the Blade Show is always a trial. Things go wrong, I don't get enough sleep, equipment breaks, and everyone decides to contact me to see if I can make them a Book of Eli blade. This year seems to be actually stepping up the game: I cut the thumb on my dominant hand badly enough to force stitches for the first time in almost 36 years, my pickup's transmission went out, had issues with the spare tire clutch on my homebrewed power hammer.

The latest came this afternoon when the main leaf spring on my hammer broke. It's done that before, though it's been years.

[​IMG]spring1 by James Helm, on Flickr

[​IMG]spring2 by James Helm, on Flickr

I don't get mad any more, I just fix what I can and make strategic decisions on what to try to make and what to leave alone. I'll go to the spring shop in the morning and see if I can get a replacement. I'm almost through forging everything that I was going to anyway.

Not complaining, just laughing at the universe and sharing with the folks who show up to Blade to see the cool knives that the makers have a bit of a different experience anticipating Blade: the Curse of the Getting-Ready Time. :D

ShannonSteelLabs likes this.
  19. ziozeb

ziozeb

Apr 26, 2007
    My first time at the Blade show. I'm very excited ... even a little bit of fear
    I hope to meet many of you at my table and shake your hand.
    See you soon
    Denis Mura

LX_Emergency likes this.
  20. GHooge2008

GHooge2008

May 6, 2018
    I don’t have a booth but I’m coming with VIP’s, cash, and some CeeGars