2018 BLADE SHOW; Maker's Show Us What You Got!

Blade Show 2018 is just 6 weeks away. Some are already completing knives so
Its time to post my annual "Show Us Your Knives" thread

We would sure appreciate pre-views of any BLADE bound knives makers care to share.

Even if you post photos in a separate thread, please post them here as well.
For future reference, it's very convenient to have all '2018 BLADE Show knives in one thread.

Blade Show is Friday June 1st>Sunday June 3th this year.
For complete info:
http://bladeshow.com/

We are all probably still working on our knives. :p I know I am. :D
I wasn't talking about just here but everywhere. Spyderco is the only production company I have seen say anything at all about Blade.

Carl, I'll take the bottom 3 on the left. :D

Those look fantastic . Skip Atlanta and send those to Louisiana

Carl, I absolutely LOVE those clip points on the bottom right. The profiles look like some great custom folders I've seen over the years, but in fixed blade versions. You really have some nice and fresh looking profiles in that bunch. Beautiful grinds too. :thumbsup:

That's a beast, Eric, looks great!

I look forward to seeing more in this thread, as I'm never able to attend Blade.

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Here are some Damascus Rings that I will have at Blade. Rings are 15N20 and 1095. Come by and check them out. I'll be at table 16R. I'll be posting a few knifes that I will have on my table in the next week or so.

See ya at Blade,
Ken

Rings.jpg

any 'non knife' items you'll have on display at your table Mr. Crow? :)

any 'non knife' items you'll have on display at your table Mr. Crow? :)

Going to try to have some tomahawks and a new type of item on the stock removal side, God willing and time don't run out. We'll see. :)

Send you an e-mail here momentarily.

Every year, getting ready for the Blade Show is always a trial. Things go wrong, I don't get enough sleep, equipment breaks, and everyone decides to contact me to see if I can make them a Book of Eli blade. This year seems to be actually stepping up the game: I cut the thumb on my dominant hand badly enough to force stitches for the first time in almost 36 years, my pickup's transmission went out, had issues with the spare tire clutch on my homebrewed power hammer.

The latest came this afternoon when the main leaf spring on my hammer broke. It's done that before, though it's been years.

spring1 by James Helm, on Flickr

spring2 by James Helm, on Flickr

I don't get mad any more, I just fix what I can and make strategic decisions on what to try to make and what to leave alone. I'll go to the spring shop in the morning and see if I can get a replacement. I'm almost through forging everything that I was going to anyway.

Not complaining, just laughing at the universe and sharing with the folks who show up to Blade to see the cool knives that the makers have a bit of a different experience anticipating Blade: the Curse of the Getting-Ready Time. :D

My first time at the Blade show. I'm very excited ... even a little bit of fear
I hope to meet many of you at my table and shake your hand.
See you soon
Denis Mura

Back