2018 Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In

Come join us for the 2018 Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In
Hosted by the Haywood Community College in Clyde, NC
Sponsored by the American Bladesmith Society
Dates - March 22-25, 2018
Fee - $75

We have a great lineup of Mastersmiths teaching and demonstrating.

We will again have the Battle of the Bladesmith on Saturday afternoon.

There will be a day of fun on Friday for the ladies not interested in knife making.

Attached is a PDF of the complete program and registration information.

Hope to see you there.

Attachments

• 2018 Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In - Final.pdf
    479 KB · Views: 40
thanks for sharing, i'm in Knoxville only a few hours away, will definitely try to make it if I possibly can!

Man I wish I lived closer. If I was only a few hrs away I would be there in a heart beat. We don't get may things like this up close to my neck of the woods (Washington state)

Ah man this is great!! Only an hour an 17 minutes to Clyde from my place!! Really hoping to make it!!

I think in gonna try to go to this. Itll be my first hammer in. Whats a good hotel in that area

Check the ABS forum, there's usually some more info with hotel recommendations. Sorry I can't remember the name of the hotel most stay at.

Man I wish I lived closer. If I was only a few hrs away I would be there in a heart beat. We don't get may things like this up close to my neck of the woods (Washington state)

Yeah it's always a good time. After 10 or 20 of them, it's mostly just a socializing event, unless you have to do a demo or class, but, it's always a blast regardless.

Personally, I, and many of us are all looking forward to Batson's Hammer-In for the Alabama Forge Council, at Tannehill, this year, which I think will be the 30th Anniversary of this event, and speculation is, it'll be the last one. Not to hijack Ken's thread, but if anybody is planning one to go to, I'd recommend this one. It's always my favorite, and the only one I usually am willing to travel far for, I'd probably even fly in for this one if I had to, this year.

Sorry I did not respond sooner. Been on the road this week away from my computer.

There are a lot of different places to choose from. Here are some places that other have stayed in the past.

Accommodations (These hotels are within ten miles of the school and are some of the top rated places to stay.)

Best Western Mountain Brook Inn
3811 Soco Road Maggie Valley, North Carolina 28751
828-926-3962

Ramada Maggie Valley
4048 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC 28751
828-926-7800

Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
4324 Soco Rd, Maggie Valley, NC 28751-9511
800-577-7812

Back