1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Microtech SOCOM Elite

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by rpn, Apr 10, 2018.

1. rpn

rpn Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Not a review...just a few pics and thoughts.

I had a SOCOM Delta a few years ago that just blew me away with the design and execution- but it had a couple problems that required two trips back to Microtech that ended up taking many months and killing the knife for me.

I always remained curious about the Elite and the most recent release got my interest. While I'm not into serrated blades, it was all I could find.

[​IMG]

This thing is buttery..buttery...buttery smooth and oozes quality.

It's also built like a brick s***house...that is a Emerson 10 next to it. The SOCOM has the most massive liner lock I've ever seen and the the blade thickness makes the 10 look almost anemic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sucker cuts pretty darn well too. I'm not used to serrations and they hang me up sometime, but it breezed through this cardboard like a champ and the M390 is holding a very nice edge.

[​IMG]

I'm still going to keep my eyes open for a plain edged version. I always wondered if the glass-breaker tip would bother me, but I have yet to notice it when I carry it.

So far it's off to a good start...

jeepin likes this.
  2. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Most excellent. Hope to see/read more about it in the future.