2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

To clarify my previous comments, they were strictly in relation to the Lambsfoot SFO and the exclusive, highly coveted nature of Charlie's efforts. Not the regular run Ram's Foot 93s.

If anyone is curious about Mike's changes, as they pertain to short runs and Charlie's SFOs, they are noted on his website in the Early Reserve section.
That’s exactly how I took it. When I read some comments after your initial post, is when I began to question my thought process. I’m with you!!

I don't know for sure but reach out to the Waynorth dealers to inquire about availability and shipping policies. I would like to think some of them ship outside the US but I've never asked. http://waynorthcutlery.net/dealers/

Yes, many ship outside the US. Charlie's bone #93 should be no problem; but the ebony would require a $95 inspection fee if done legally.

Well I will talk about the knives. Someone call Bill and ask him to put a pruner on this frame at the end of the run.:D It will be in line with the frame ergonomics and I get the sense we won't see a 47 run this year.
Wow a big ol pruner blade would be sweeeeet.

I've been trying to envision what the royal blue SFO is going to look like. I might have to mock that up but I picture royal blue having more of a purple-ish tint vs all the standard blue camel bone I've seen thus far. It seems like there is a lot of handle material on the 93 (extra butt width & no bottom bolster) which means extra real estate for dyed camel bone color variations. The aqua camel bone we are seeing now has quite a bit of color variation.
I greatly underestimated the green boot #14 when that came around but it is also a lot easier to show better bone and color on a small, double bolster pattern like that.
Can't wait to start seeing more 93 production photos :thumbsup:
RoyalBlueCamelBone.jpg

Last edited:
Well I will talk about the knives. Someone call Bill and ask him to put a pruner on this frame at the end of the run.:D It will be in line with the frame ergonomics and I get the sense we won't see a 47 run this year.

Oh yeah. Pruner instead of yet another Sheepsfoot ... I'd have been on that like a chicken on a junebug.

selling an item that's not available to all customers because of seller rules

Then I fear it is a bit late - the "tactic" rules. Every single dealer out there given 8 knives and 400 interested customers "sell an item that's not available to all customers".

But, every dealer has a way to do this that I guarantee if the facts be know - there would be sour grapes spewed somewhere. I could just put one on the website and sell it, then do what I wanted with the other 7 or such and nobody would be the wiser. Personally, I believe in being upfront - knowing full well that nobody alive could come up with a detailed solution that everyone could agree was fair.

Then I fear it is a bit late - the "tactic" rules. Every single dealer out there given 8 knives and 400 interested customers "sell an item that's not available to all customers".

But, every dealer has a way to do this that I guarantee if the facts be know - there would be sour grapes spewed somewhere. I could just put one on the website and sell it, then do what I wanted with the other 7 or such and nobody would be the wiser. Personally, I believe in being upfront - knowing full well that nobody alive could come up with a detailed solution that everyone could agree was fair.

knifeswapper knifeswapper I think everyone would agree that your early reserve system is the best in the industry and the fairest way to alert customers of new drops. Keep up the great work and don't sweat the haters! :)

Just curious, is there only interest in the Ram if the Lamb cannot be obtained? I guess, the question is - would everyone "rather" have the Lamb given everything else was equal? (equally available, priced, etc.)

Just curious, is there only interest in the Ram if the Lamb cannot be obtained? I guess, the question is - would everyone "rather" have the Lamb given everything else was equal? (equally available, priced, etc.)
ABSOLUTELY!
If the Lamb was a regular run knife, I'd be saving every penny right away so I could buy one or two. I have no chance at the SFO, nor do I want to even bother to fight for it. I'm not even going to bother with the Ram at all. But a regular run Lamb would be amazing and offer more people a chance to get it, I'd be all-in. I'm sure the enthusiasm for the Lamb far exceeds that for the Ram.

Ah, yes. But I’ve reserved a Ram with you anyway.

For my part, I am only interested in the lambsfoot.

knifeswapper knifeswapper Due to the available handle choices, I will not purchase the Lambsfoot version (and the price doesn't help, either). But I am interested in a cocobolo-handled ram.

If they started using crelicam-sourced ebony I would be interested in that, but until then I no longer purchase ebony.

Back