2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Can you do me a favor and put the actual measurement's of the cocobolo on a post. I am particularly interested in the length of the cutting edge. Thanks. Have a good Independence Day.

Okay, I know I know, never enough pictures. I get it.

Z9122Xeh.jpg

heIGfOyh.jpg

i0Y2677.jpg
Never enough pictures keep them coming. Ebony looks deep black and even, real nice looking knife and I’m not a big fan of ebony because of the quality but wow every Ebony pic looks great. I couldn’t take it any more and paid a premium to get one, can’t wait to get it.

The new slip that KSF is sending out with the knives looks like a step down in quality from the past, judging from that picture.

The new slip that KSF is sending out with the knives looks like a step down in quality from the past, judging from that picture.
It feels the exact same as the darker buffalo slips I have received in the past. It might just be a different treatment that gives the different color. All my knives ride in custom carry slips. I don't use the ones KSF or any other vendor sends me so it really doesn't bother me one way or the other.

I just got home after 4,000 miles of wandering, and this was waiting on me when I arrived. (Please pardon the poorly-lighted photo.)

I knew I would love this knife, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the *exceptionally* high level of fit and finish. Until now my Esky Zulu was the best-finished GEC I own, but I think this one is now top of the heap. Very well done indeed, Charlie and GEC!

33F7D2A3-197C-446D-A197-366D51773EB2.jpeg

I actually wrote William Howard (GEC) and expressed my extreme pleasure and satisfaction with this entire run (rams and lambs), and I asked him to pass it on to the Craftsman and staff.

I also thanked Charlie for his work and forethought. Not sure if he helped influence the making the Ramsfoot indirectly and incidentally by the Lambsfoot being manufactured or not.

Regardless I haven't heard one complaint about any of them.
I'd encourage more people, by their own will of course, to write a quick email. Just a suggestion.

On a side note...I find it humorous and enjoyable to go back to the beginning of a thread like this and see how everyone's opinion evolves over time :)
There is the production announcement phase where you have a little "ooh!" but mostly "meh" and "yay my wallet gets a break this run".
Then comes the production phase along with photos and you get a few more "hmm" or "doesnt look too bad will see what it looks like when they are finished" and fewer "meh".
Next is the post-production phase and panic starts to set in with all the "where do I get one!" or "I missed the reserve!".
Finally, the drop phase where folks buy and acquire knives from the run. At this point, a lot of the "meh" is converted into "I scored!" and life is glorious :)

I notice this on about every run, but most noticeably on new patterns.

One point that really stands out to me on this run is the uniqueness of the kick. Large, long and flat. I don't remember seeing another gec with this style kick. It looks really clean and refined if you will. That in combination with some of the best and most unique jigging I've seen from gec, and all the new/different tang stamps, makes this a real pearl.
Thanks, Charlie. And thank you Sabercat!!!!

I understand and appreciate the traditionality of the stovepipe kick.

However, say someone used a knife with a stovepipe kick until sharpening brings the tip above the liners. How would they drop the kick?

Just paid for my cocobolo ramsfoot from CK. Retail price on these is pretty great. Not used to sub-$100 price tags on GECs, been a while since I bought one new for that.

Yeah I've felt the prices on the non SFO knives were especially good recently.

Back