2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Has anyone considered or actually done a re-grind of a 93 rams foot blade to closely as possible match the profile of the sheep foot blade?
I keep thinking about it. It looks to me like it could be possible.
Yes !!!! I was until I noticed that the Northfields had Long Pulls . I try to only collect Northfields . I am pretty sure that a Tidioute could be modified into a Lambfoot . The hard part would be the Nail Nick .

Harry

I got my "Original Ram Foot" in today.

A fine knife just like the others. Honestly, the odd shield and its placement have grown on me a bit. The jigging may be a bit uniform for some tastes but I find it to be nice enough and not overly shallow.

Overall, an excellent cap on a stellar run for GEC.

MhLxVcD.jpg

AgrvkeU.jpg

WJM04LH.jpg

70itvlz.jpg
Great pictures Dylan . Mine are on the way , and in Cincinnati right now, and I am getting very anxious after seeing yours my friend .

Harry

Oh my yes! Lovely Dylan. Been trying to let that one pass... but...:rolleyes:...

Great pictures Dylan . Mine are on the way , and in Cincinnati right now, and I am getting very anxious after seeing yours my friend .

Harry

Thank you, Dwight and Harry.

Honestly, I feel this is one of the better runs of 2019 from GEC. I know not everyone cares for a straight edged blade and that can be a bit off-putting. I also know that this run did not have a large number of SFOs that accompanied it. However, it brought with it one of Charlie's greatest SFOs (in my opinion), good sensible cover options, and a consistency in craftsmanship that has had a tendency to be absent in previous runs.

I wanted to touch on some things that I really appreciated about these knives.
  • The most recent run of 78s exhibited perfection when it came to their pulls and their actions. Since then, each run after has not been the same. These 93s change that. Their pulls are perfect, the walk-n-talk is just stellar. When it comes to my preferences, GEC hit all the right marks on this run. I admire the consistency, especially between the Lambsfoot and the Ramsfoot variants.
  • The blades are just simply a treat. The consistently thin grinds make for such excellent cutting knives, each and every one of them will be a joy to use and maintain. The fact that the tips are nestled deeply within the well, especially the Ramsfoot blades, shows that there is a LOT of life in these knives.
  • I have been admiring the 47 frame from afar for quite some time. Not knowing when GEC would do another run on that pattern, I was thrilled to see the 93 become part of the lineup. As a big fan of the Swayback pattern, I knew I was going to end up with more than one or two.
Overall, these are just superb working knives. I am well acquainted with the virtues of the Lambsfoot blade already and I am thrilled that this particular SFO of Charlie's likely means that a considerable number of other folks are now able to experience the same.

Now that it is over, I think I will be taking a bit of a break. The 29s are on the horizon, an intriguing pattern, but one I am apt to maybe only acquire one of.

My tidy lineup as it stands at this time.

NhopL48.jpg

Pàdruig Pàdruig Nice bunch there Dylan. How does the walk and talk on your Oily Creek compare to the other Rams? The OC I had briefly was a bit lazy on the snap close. Made me wonder if the micarta's were that way too.

Honestly, I feel this is one of the better runs of 2019 from GEC. I know not everyone cares for a straight edged blade and that can be a bit off-putting. I also know that this run did not have a large number of SFOs that accompanied it. However, it brought with it one of Charlie's greatest SFOs (in my opinion), good sensible cover options, and a consistency in craftsmanship that has had a tendency to be absent in previous runs.

• The most recent run of 78s exhibited perfection when it came to their pulls and their actions. Since then, each run after has not been the same. These 93s change that. Their pulls are perfect, the walk-n-talk is just stellar. When it comes to my preferences, GEC hit all the right marks on this run. I admire the consistency, especially between the Lambsfoot and the Ramsfoot variants.
  • The blades are just simply a treat. The consistently thin grinds make for such excellent cutting knives, each and every one of them will be a joy to use and maintain. The fact that the tips are nestled deeply within the well, especially the Ramsfoot blades, shows that there is a LOT of life in these knives.
  • I have been admiring the 47 frame from afar for quite some time. Not knowing when GEC would do another run on that pattern, I was thrilled to see the 93 become part of the lineup. As a big fan of the Swayback pattern, I knew I was going to end up with more than one or two.
Overall, these are just superb working knives. I am well acquainted with the virtues of the Lambsfoot blade already and I am thrilled that this particular SFO of Charlie's likely means that a considerable number of other folks are now able to experience the same.

Now that it is over, I think I will be taking a bit of a break. The 29s are on the horizon, an intriguing pattern, but one I am apt to maybe only acquire one of.

NhopL48.jpg

Nice shot!

Pàdruig Pàdruig Nice bunch there Dylan. How does the walk and talk on your Oily Creek compare to the other Rams? The OC I had briefly was a bit lazy on the snap close. Made me wonder if the micarta's were that way too.

I know you didn't ask me, but my OC is the easiest to open. I don't mean super easy or light, just easier than the others. It does snap closed fine though (and open position).

Reactions: mb>

NhopL48.jpg

Favorite out of all of them?

Nice shot!

Thank you, fellas!

Mark, that is a great question.

Using the 78s as an example again, the Tidioutes have an ever so slightly lighter pull than the Northfields do. I find that to be the case with these 93s as well. I didn't find the Oily Creek to be lazy but its pull is a hair lighter than that of my Coco and Jigged Bone. I rate it similar to that of my Jigged Bone Lambsfoot and a bit lighter than the Ebony.

Also for comparison, these are considerably firmer, in their pulls and action, than the 97s and 82s from the recent runs.

Favorite out of all of them?

Another great question.

In a sense, it is almost comparing apples to oranges. When it comes to aesthetics, the Ebony and Cocobolo take the cake for me. They are just exquisite.

Lambsfoot in use is a more versatile knife to me, so those two in particular are my favorites out of the run with the Jigged Bone becoming my daily user. Out of the Ramsfoot though, the Oily Creek is a bit of a dark horse to me. I like it way more than I thought I would. It isn't flashy or particularly good looking, but it feels amazing in the hand and I expect to be a superb working knife.

I am not sure if that answers your question all that well but hopefully it conveys my thoughts a bit further on them.

NhopL48.jpg
That is indeed a Tidy Line-up my friend .

Harry

I have found it really interesting that everyone who has managed to get an oily bone scale knife, have all said how good it feels in the hand. I reckon one of the joys of a traditional knife is how it feels in the hand, and these obviously tick all the boxes.

I have found it really interesting that everyone who has managed to get an oily bone scale knife, have all said how good it feels in the hand. I reckon one of the joys of a traditional knife is how it feels in the hand, and these obviously tick all the boxes.

When I first saw mine I loved how it looked as far as character, etc. But when I turned it looking down I thought "oh no!" Then I opened the bade and grabbed it and thought "huh, who knew"! Never would gave thought on this type of knife.

What angle would you use on the Ram when it comes time for a touch up sharpening?
I have the Spyderco sharpmaker rod system,
Ty

Back