2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

This would not be complete without some Family Pictures of the Ram Foots and then the 93 frames

All of the Ram Foots are easily Pinchable . All of the knives are just Superb Additions to my meager Northfield collection and it is really great to have another of @waynorth's SFO's which just happens to be a Lambfoot . I believe that the run of these is easily the best of the year so far .

Harry
GREAT group you go there Harry!

Well that was quick and I decided to enjoy this one and carry it even though it’s more then worthy of being a safe queen .
Went threw all my slips and found the perfect one and only one that would fit .
It actually fits like it was made for it :thumbsup:
XIoGTkX.jpg

t7VGF5R.jpg

Even though the bladeshape of the lamb foot is pure aestetic brilliance, the original ram foot blade is really growing on me and I think I might have to give it the nudge.

Slightly more slicey blade and let's not forget the lovely pinching action!

What a GREAT run...

:cool::thumbsup:

I agree, it wants to slice all day long. My Tidioute has pretty much kicked my #81 Bull Moose off of kitchen prep duty.

Will Power Will Power when I popped open the tube, I thought it was a dead ringer for top notch Pioneer bone. It really feels like a whole different knife compared to the rest of the #93s. Twice the width of the others, it really fills the hand.

As for the #44s, I know the hardware on the Northfields didn't do it for alot of folks. But in terms of build quility and build consistency, I feel like they hadn't been matched, let alone surpassed, over the past year until these #93s.

Really like those thick slabs, going to make a legend of a work-horse, great comfort from the scales and who thinks looks aren't important? They certainly are :D:thumbsup:

My #93 Cocobolo safely carried across the border at Sault Ste Marie a couple of days ago and today in my hands in Kitchener. The covers are outstanding, the blade is dead-on centered, and all the rest is aces.
(Junky phone pics but the knife shines through.)

Brian

QmjEn0e.jpg

sAJHmIO.jpg

WoV3cMD.jpg

Where do you think this thread on this wildly popular run will be in one year from now ?
Will it be buried at the bottom or still relevant at the top ?
As a newcomer to premium knives, I ponder this things LOL :)
Why was this particular design so popular ? What percentage of these knives will actually be used ?

My Ram is very special to me, however these are personal and sentimental reasons.

So I have put it in my phone calendar to check on this thread one year from now :) ( Siri is very helpful lol )

In the meantime I commit to carrying and using my Ramsfoot for one whole year and check back on July 19, 2020 to report on how I feel about it and how it went (my only worry is that I may loose this special knife by making it my main daily carry, however it's something I really want to do)
Wish me luck, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Why was this particular design so popular ?

The bladeshape I think, very versatile and also not put out all that often. Not in a single anyways.

And this one is even more special with the broad rams tip. Inspired by the brittish traditional lambs foot obviously. Really nice touch and I love it.

And then you have the rams shield, best shield ever?

I know I've said it before but I'll just say it again: What a GREAT RUN!

In the meantime I commit to carrying and using my Ramsfoot for one whole year and check back on July 19, 2020 to report on how I feel about it and how it went (my only worry is that I may loose this special knife by making it my main daily carry, however it's something I really want to do)
Wish me luck, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool, I will cary mine extensively in a pouch when I'm wearing jeans and such. But it will be switched out when wearing shorts, going fishing and hiking and stuff. I have a blade for all situations like many here.

Looking forward to hear about your experience carrying only the ram!

Finally received my Ram Ram today. As suspected, I think the shield works better in person than in photos. The bare end is a wee bit sharp edged. That’s about the only critique I have. What a great run!

So here’s a Ram Ram on a Ram. Bam!

Happy Friday to the Porchers!

PnTeb7ml.jpg

This is crazy !!!
One day of full time use as a knife for a family of four.
I prepared some chicken before lunch, then wiped it clean, oiled it and passed to my wife who cut a bunch of onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.
I just now came from sailing and my kids were using it to prepare sandwiches at the beach. I said " did you wipe the knife ? " noticing all kinds of food juices on it. My youngest goes " Oh ...ok " and hands me this :)
8o2ND6I.jpg

Back