Review 2019 purchases review

K.O.D.

Sell your cloak buy a sword
Platinum Member
I've bought some, returned some. Decided to do an update and summary.

It's been about a year since I purchased my first knife of 2019.

Massdrop FF Gent Select. I'm happy with it, performs well, especially at it's price point. I carried it frequently for about 6 months. The detent is a bit stiff but it's a great gentleman's knife. I carried it at my grandfather's funeral.

Spyderco Ikuchi. I so wanted to like this knife. But returned it as it was terrible. Poor f&f, could not open easily. G10 CF was 5 times rougher than anything CS makes. Returned it with a note to DLT explaining the issues.

Case mini copperlock. Was a gift from a friend for my 40th birthday. Nothing special, rarely carry it.

WE Deacon: great knife, carried a lot, my first experience with m390. It's a nearly perfect knife, probably the best quality regular production folder I own, certainly the best flipper. Highly recommend.

Maserin AM-4: Returned as it did not flip well, handle was way to thick for the blade.

Kershaw Launch 8: OMG I love this knife. Carried it today. Does most of what I need, and I'm a big fan of CPM-154. Kershaw did a great job. Still locks up tight, no bounce. I would easily pay more than double for this knife. It has an mxg low profile clip.

Last but not least, my favorite knife and most carried.

Hogue Exploit: I hate S30V. Mediocre had been my best experience, and only in one knife.

This changed with the Exploit. This blade is so well done I've used it twice as much as my Deacon and it was sharper NIB and still way sharper than the deacons m390.

I'm hooked on automatics, especially OTFs because of this knife. If Hogue made a smaller version, in a cool color, I would own it.

Back