2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

This run of 23s is going to give me a nice break. I will likely only end up with one, so that I can at least try it out but none of the 2-blade variants appeal to me and overall, I'm not thrilled with the cover choices. That said, the only one that really kind of speaks to me is Mike's SFO. I am a big fan of the Bomb shield and Mesquite can be a stunning wood.

Jigged Cherry with a Beaver shield is on the production schedule 3 times - lol. I feel a loss of creativity being sucked out of me... out of all the possible cover options out there... at least change the shield... :confused::oops:o_O.

Oh Ok thanks for the clarification guys.

Edit: haha I don’t know how my eyes missed the bolded “Liner Lock” at the bottom of the single blades.
I still don't see it.... unless that's on the earlier runs of these knives. If those early runs had liner locks, are we certain that these new run models will have them, as well? Seems like the GEC adverts posted in this thread would mention it, if they were going to have them?

I still don't see it.... unless that's on the earlier runs of these knives. If those early runs had liner locks, are we certain that these new run models will have them, as well? Seems like the GEC adverts posted in this thread would mention it, if they were going to have them?

Look for "#23LL" on the schedule. Those are the liner lock versions.

Hmm. Was gonna sit this out (and still might) but two of the single blade liner locks appeal to me. I think I'll either try for Mike's SFO or the Antique Autumn Natural Bone.

Looks like another pretty long run. I assume there's several weeks of pocket carvers still ahead before these start.

Mesquite here as well. While I too wish that there were more cover options, ebony and desert ironwood would look great on these large covers, but,this run will likely hurt my wallet. I love the 23s and I think that the liner lock will make for a nice user.

Back