2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

After some buffing and polishing, THIS is how I wish GEC would of finished these 74 Burlap’s! This sucker shines now! And no more scratches.
Fou9pGD.jpg

After some buffing and polishing, THIS is how I wish GEC would of finished these 74 Burlap’s! This sucker shines now! And no more scratches.
Fou9pGD.jpg
I'd have to agree. While I like the initial appearance of the matte look, it sure doesn't hold up well. And it makes the bolsters rust magnets! I polish mine, too (once they officially become users). :thumbsup:

I am quite happy with the color, texture, and sharpness of the one I have received. My example is definitely not a thin, svelte, disappears in the pocket kind of knife. It is VERY hand filling, which at first I don't know that I was crazy about. It's almost kind of quirky and I think I may just like that.
lXJPSPH.jpg

24g5IhS.jpg

I thought I'd add a couple more photos of my stag. I'm extremely happy with this one. The stag is the perfect thickness for me and very evenly matched. :cool: Bill and his gang did an excellent job with the matching and hafting on these knives. :thumbsup: :D

50576182103_fcf05982cf_o.jpg

50576182063_614d2340d6_o.jpg

50576182123_2a5700cd1c_o.jpg

50576907221_a19d21c1e0_o.jpg

David, your stag is ruggedly handsome, a great look, and both sides are wonderfully matched!
And Ron, I don't know how you do it (you're either blessed beyond measure or you're Machiavelli reincarnated! ;)), but you always come up with the most outstanding examples of natural handle materials. Your stag #74 is right up there with the best shown. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

David, your stag is ruggedly handsome, a great look, and both sides are wonderfully matched!
And Ron, I don't know how you do it (you're either blessed beyond measure or you're Machiavelli reincarnated! ;)), but you always come up with the most outstanding examples of natural handle materials. Your stag #74 is right up there with the best shown. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words Jeff! That means a lot coming from someone with as many beautiful knives as you have! Spaghetti is about the extent of my Italian! ;) So I’m thinking I’m blessed, no I know I’m blessed, and in many more ways than this! :) :thumbsup:

I received my blind pick 74 stag today, I didn't win the stag lottery but it's better than most I've seen, the coloring differs on each side but it's a lot better in hand then the pics show, pull is about a 6, nice F&F with a good snap and the best part it fits great in my hand.

741s.jpg 742s.jpg 743s.jpg 744s.jpg

That for sure is some Very Unique Stag my friend .

Harry

Excellent! Well matched uniqueness at that!

Dylan that’s some of the most unique stag I’ve ever seen! :) :thumbsup:

I spent the last couple of days carrying this one in my pocket, trying to decide if the uniqueness would really grow on me. Truth be told, mine doesn't have the classic rugged good looks that well hafted Stag knives possess, objectively speaking. But sometimes, quirkiness has an appeal and charm all its own and I feel mine has both in spades.

It is definitely one of the most ergonomically superior knives that I have in Stag - the depression on the pile side is right where my middle finger rests when gripping in use. It's a keeper and one I'm apt to carry quite often.

9M2l4TQ.jpg

I am happy that you will be keeping your Stag . The Pile side of mine is , as I told Half/Stop Half/Stop , Very Ugly .

The Black Area where the Left Pin is , is probably .09" below the highest point . I am getting used to the Ugly Look and now I will just call it a Bold Look . I have it in my pocket now and will never ever get rid of this knife . One day it will go to one of my daughters , since it was her 80 th birthday gift to me . Like this knife .

Harry

I thought I'd add a couple more photos of my stag. I'm extremely happy with this one. The stag is the perfect thickness for me and very evenly matched. :cool: Bill and his gang did an excellent job with the matching and hafting on these knives. :thumbsup: :D

50576182103_fcf05982cf_o.jpg

50576182063_614d2340d6_o.jpg

50576182123_2a5700cd1c_o.jpg

50576907221_a19d21c1e0_o.jpg
Yep !!! :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Pretty nice but I Really like the Pile Side

Harry

Well mine arrived Saturday and I arrived home yesterday after dark. Mine is on the gnarly side of things, heck the one groove could be a skateboarding half pipe. :D They got the thickness matched well, not too thick. ;)
gmIrCNg.jpg

N18rDsx.jpg
KRAOrNf.jpg
mPnfdHi.jpg
:):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry

Back