2020... is it hard for you too?

I had hard time handling the lockdown and now I might lose my job over this.
I experienced an earthquake luckily without much damage, but my city saw significant damage though.
Even public transportation is also pretty shitty ever since earthquake.

My friend, forum member on here @EatingSarma has it much worse.
I'd like him to see this despite the fact he's not here much.
He has some cracks on his house as consequence of earthquake.
He lost another family member due to cancer recently.
He himself lost around 8kg by now within around 3-4 months period, and it's confirmed that he has issues with pancreas and he now has to go to do more tests to get real diagnosis.
He also has trouble at work latley and that stress makes it a lot worse, especially if you add that he's about to start the university he paid himself.
He's not been on here for days and he barley replies texts. I'll have a beer with him tommorrow or this monday hopefully.

Everyone I know is having really difficult time these days. I can at least wish better days to come to everyone in need.

One of my best friends has Stage 4 Multiple Myloma. We used to be in a band together. I just bought him a new amp to enjoy his last year or two with while he can still play guitar.
Oh man, so sorry to hear :(

I wish him all the best.

I'm sorry to hear y'alls struggles. This year has been rough. Last year my little business had it's best year ever. So I invested a lot of my savings into tooling upgrades and additional company vehicles. This year is sizing up to be my worse year since going into business. Besides that I have lost 3 family members and haven't been able to visit any older family members out of fear of getting them sick. Add these riots and shutdowns to the list. What a year of trials.

Yes it been a rough year. I don’t feel like getting into it but at least I have my son and knives.

This will go down in history for my family as “the year without an anything”.

No birthday parties, no going out for anniversaries, no celebrations for anything really, no taking my daughter to the park to play, no taking her to school, etc. Bullshit goes on and on and on.

All the rituals for just going to the store, just going to work, coming home and “disinfecting”. Jesus. It’s enough to make anybody crack the f$ck up. :(

Not inclined to post specifics; but, yeah, 2020 sucks in my world, too.

It’s been rough here as well! Last year was one of my best & this years has gone way South! ..............................Still I remember the good points as far as my wife & family & I was hospitalized in March for 8 days & am alive to tell about it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Condolences to those that lost loved ones this year! It’s an election year, which always dumps shit sauce on top of everything :DFrom Rona, Riots to Looting! I feel fine!:) LOL ...

I think 2020 has sucked for pretty much everyone.

Chin up. It is what it is and we can't control much but we will get through it. At least we are all in it together.
The CDC just revised their mortality numbers for Covid-19.... hard to believe but under 7K. The rest or many of them were already weakened and may have had the disease. They shut the country down for this?

Just when you think this year couldn’t suck anymore, Hurricane Laura hit us right up the ass, no really it came up the Sabine which I’m about 15 minutes to the East of the Sabine River. My area was devastated, the wind and tornadoes destroyed a lot here. Hopefully, we’ll have power back in about a month.
I’m not even going to hit on COVID-19, so, yeah it’s been a hard year.

The CDC just revised their mortality numbers for Covid-19.... hard to believe but under 7K. The rest or many of them were already weakened and may have had the disease. They shut the country down for this?
He is referring the the report that 94% of people who DIED FROM COVID-19 had a co-morbid condition: https://nbc25news.com/news/local/cdc-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-underlying-medical-conditions. Saying that people with other conditions didn't die from Covid is like saying someone died from heart disease after they got shot in the head.

Back on topic, my wife and I just moved to Atlanta and are slowly getting settled. She's a rabbi and has done more funerals in the two months we've been here than she did all last year. So yup, 2020 is rough. Maybe I'll have a new job (that isn't Postmates or Amazon) before the end of the year, maybe I won't. We're healthy and not at risk of losing our house when so many people are sick and scared. I'm grateful for that.

Last edited:
He is referring the the report that 94% of people who DIED FROM COVID-19 had a co-morbid condition: https://nbc25news.com/news/local/cdc-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-underlying-medical-conditions. Saying that people with other conditions didn't die from Covid is like saying someone died from heart disease after they got shot in the head.
I don't think so in terms of your analogy. What it means is that if you have pre-existing conditions and especially if you are over 60 years of age, you should pay very serious attention to Covid-19. The rest, are not likely to die directly from the virus. Very few die directly from Covid-19, but it contributes with serious pre-existing medical conditions. We have known this for months. There are reports of re-infections now which relates to the anti-body thing and likely any vaccine that is developed. So, if you are healthy and under say 50 years old, the virus is not likely to kill you. It is not a death sentence.

Last edited:
I don't think so in terms of your analogy. What it means is that if you have pre-existing conditions and especially if you are over 60 years of age, you should pay very serious attention to Covid-19. The rest, are not likely to die directly from the virus. Very few die directly from Covid-19, but it contributes with serious pre-existing medical conditions. We have known this for months. There are reports of re-infections now which relates to the anti-body thing and likely any vaccine that is developed. So, if you are healthy and under say 50 years old, the virus is not likely to kill you. It is not a death sentence.
I do not disagree. COVID is far more dangerous for someone over the age of 60 with a preexisting condition than for me, a healthy 30-something. What I do disagree with is is saying COVID didn't kill these people just because they had another health problem. Without COVID, they would not have died when they did. Because they had another health problem, their response to COVID was more serious and therefore fatal.

Back