2021 New knives

I saw these. Apparently there is also a reintroduced Adamas and new Mini-Adamas in Cru-Wear.

I'm sure there will be more released but at this point they aren't releasing any new knives. That's somewhat disappointing.

I know I know...the Claymore is "new" but it looks like an AFO 1.1.

I'm not a steel snob, but I do love Cruwear. God help me and my checkbook if they release a Cruwear 940, dear god.

TXPO

Unless the pricing is crazy I'll probably be in for one of those Bugouts (if I can wrap my head around another Bugout / Mini Bugout with silly coloured thumb studs and stand offs) ... who actually asked for or likes these funky coloured stand offs and thumb studs? What's wrong with good ole satin and black?

Unless the pricing is crazy I'll probably be in for one of those Bugouts (if I can wrap my head around another Bugout / Mini Bugout with silly coloured thumb studs and stand offs) ... who actually asked for or likes these funky coloured stand offs and thumb studs? What's wrong with good ole satin and black?

I think we're in the minority there man. I don't get all these colors that are big hits. I like my knives to be neutral.

Also, I really dislike the Bugout scales and M390 is no interest to me so $275 MSRP is high even with those materials.

I really liked the Steven Rinella edition Meatcrafter that popped up in my email. Auto-Fact is cool but not my thing, Mini-Freek looks good but not in a hurry to pick one up, and the Claymore is pretty meh and doesn’t do it for me at all.

To be honest, I bought quite a few knives over the last three years or so and started becoming a bit too aware of the compulsive aspect of researching and then buying a knife. So I’m taking a break from buying and just enjoying using my collection and cycling through underused knives instead of looking for more to add to it. Something would REALLY have to catch my eye for me to consider pulling the trigger, which is part of the reason I’m not looking at knives much online these days - best to be oblivious than be tempted!

I really dig the Fact auto, but think everything else is just meh.

Is it just me, or does the “Claymore” ooze tacticool cheese whiz? I’d probably be more into it if it were G10 or aluminum instead of Grivory. I handled the Casbahs in the past, which also had Grivory scales. They were just “ok” and seemed light duty at best to me. At least the visual design of those was somewhat understated and utilitarian, not screaming “fighting knife-shaped” like this one. I wonder if the name implies it will blow up in your face, or if it’s a reference to the sword.... either way, seems like a miss to me.

Is it just me, or does the “Claymore” ooze tacticool cheese whiz? I’d probably be more into it if it were G10 or aluminum instead of Grivory. I handled the Casbahs in the past, which also had Grivory scales. They were just “ok” and seemed light duty at best to me. At least the visual design of those was somewhat understated and utilitarian, not screaming “fighting knife-shaped” like this one. I wonder if the name implies it will blow up in your face, or if it’s a reference to the sword.... either way, seems like a miss to me.

The Claymore blade looks like it got copied from the AFOII, then they decided to model the handle after one of those cheap gas-station fixed blades.

I would love to see more knives in general offered in Cruwear. I do like the look of the meat crafter also I'll be curious to what the price tag will be.

I didn't get how Benchmade decides their lineup nowadays. Discontinued the 710 " best knife they ever made " and coming out with things like the Gold class Tengu Flipper that looks like it belongs in the Liberace Museum.
american-musician-liberace-performs-at-radio-city-music-hall-new-york-picture-id83458944

Back