21" Sirupati by Ram Kumar (First Impression Review)

21" 30oz Sirupati
Bamboo Root Handle
Made by Ram Kumar

I picked this up from the DOTD the other day. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lonely-guys-from-reno.1735000/ It was advertised as a "lonely knife" meaning it had no sheath or Chakma & Karda. Then, after I bought it, Yangdu found a perfect fitting scabbard in her blem box. I was totally stoked to open the box and discover it resting in a scabbard.

The scabbard has some huge pockets for a karda & chakma.

Because this knife has a bamboo root handle, I had the idea to use the extra large bamboo root set from the recent Monster Ceremonial Knife drawing. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/another-monster-ceremonial-drawing-its-time.1636450/page-5 .

They fit the pockets like they were made for them.

The Karda & Chakma handles match the Siru handle pretty well too.

Some pics for the outdoor picture lovers. (oily blades)

A picture of the whole family. It is not a lonely knife anymore.

Here are a couple pictures to show how well that scabbard fits.

Look at the size of that karda.

It is a wonderful full sized utility knife. I use it all the time. That is why I blued the blade. It will be a great pair together with the Siru.

And lastly, a picture of the khukuri in the hand for size reference. A pic in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I'm sure some of you tire from hearing me speak about Ram Kumar "The Magician" but I can't shut up about it. He definitely puts some kind of magic in his blades. This Siru is just shy of 21" and weighs 30 ounces but, in the hand, it feels as light as my 20 ounce BAS. It swings faster than you would believe unless it was in your own hand. I have not put the edge to wood yet. I will let you know when I do. I know nothing about bamboo root except that I love the look and feel of it. I'm happy to learn more about bamboo root if anyone else has some knowledge to offer.

This is another out of the park homerun for Ram Kumar and Yangdu and it didn't even break the bank. I love Himalayan Imports!

Last edited:
The Karda and Chakma do match near perfect don't they. Can't believe they fit in that scabbard so nice, they are huge, a whole knife in themselves.
I was really surprised they fit too. The normal sized karda and chakma fell down deep when I tried putting them in there. It makes me wonder what it was originally for. Maybe a big Ganga Ram or something with some huge tools?

Back