1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

24-25 Ounce Ganga Ram Special?

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by kevhen, Aug 28, 2011.

1. kevhen

kevhen

Dec 27, 2008
    Does anyone know if HI has made the 18" GRS in the 24-25 ounce weight range? I have a customer who likes
    the style and the large handle but feels he would do better with one that is a bit less weight forward than the
    unused one I offered him which is about 28 ounces and shown on the top of the photo.
    [​IMG]

2. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    The lightest 18" bonecutter i've been able to reference came in at about 27 oz.
    Normally the 15" and 16" bonecutters come in at about 25 oz.
    The best way to get one would be to inquire with Auntie about a special order.

3. fearn

fearn

Apr 12, 2005
    My 18" ganga ram from 2008 is 25 ounces (without the sheath), and I love it.

Personally, I'd like to see more blades in that weight range.

4. kevhen

kevhen

Dec 27, 2008
    fearn, thanks for the info. Does yours have the same handle style, thicker than most other models?

Karda, thanks, I had previously sent an email to Yangdu.

5. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Huh. That's a very strongly curved BGRS.

6. fearn

fearn

Apr 12, 2005
    Kevhen, my handle is a little thicker, but it has a more flared butt than the handle you picture, and the midrib is simpler and a bit further back. I'm not sure any of these details matter though.