240OTX help

xbxb

Basic Member
Just bought an old new 240 OTX. Can someone answer the following questions? What does the X stand for in Xtimer and can you tell me if the same bluing process that is used on guns is used with the blade? I assume it is carbon steel? I hope so. Also if someone knows any history on the 240 otx it would be appreciated. Thanks Guys

xbxb

Basic Member
Codger do you know if it is Carbon Steel? Thanks very much

Codger_64

I really don't know for sure. Schrade had pretty well phased out carbon steel near the end (even on traditional Old Timers). And the 24OTX was indeed a "near the end" knife. I don't know exactly when in late 2003/ early 2004 they appeared in Walmarts, but there were not many sent to each store, and they sold out fairly quickly. My best guess is there was a year or less production. Likely less.

Anyone know for sure?

Codger

Doesn't say on this 60TX flyer:

60tx

My 24OTX is stainless, marked Schrade+. truth is I am not happy with it, fit and finish issues. I have played a lot with it, disassembled it, filed down the tang and springs, added some filework to the spines on the blades, I have it assembled now but with sort of a "temporary" center pin and it needs new handle scales since I hurt the originals when disassembling.

Luis