3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I did get them again. Not near as bad as last time though. By the way, Deep Woods Off sucks, haha. I hear hat "Buggins" is good. I thought about buying some of the Sawyer bug spray, same outfit that makes the water filters. I hear good things about it as well.

the sawyer permethrin spray is good stuff - and it lasts a month or so. Spray your clothes & boots thoroughly then let them dry before wearing.
I spray my boots, the top half of my socks, and my pants legs inside and out for the first foot up from the ground - then again round the waist. I also spray my hat.

I have some of the spray, but I got it for my hammock. Reviews look great for it, but I haven't used it yet.

I've never really had problems with chiggers, they tend to stay away from me, now ticks on the other hand....

So yesterday I ended up at the Missouri State Fair, they had a concert that the lady-friend wanted to go to, so we went. Thing is though, State fair is in Sedalia, Mo. Which is about 75 miles from Kansas City, which is CLEAR the other end of the state. The concert (Halestorm and SevenDust) started at 1930, and wasn't over till 2230... Which meant I didn't get home till 0200 although we stopped at Gingham's for sukfest™ (supper/breakfast).

I just ate some frog legs from a little restaurant down the road from the hotel we are staying in.. They were great. I haven't had frog legs in years, these were mighty yummy.

The rice on the other hand was overcooked. And the broccoli was like rubber... But the chicken was also good... They got the meat down, but they need to find another cook for the sides lol

We have to start driving home at 6am, we didn't plan to stay an extra night and have stuff to do tomorrow afternoon. But I think I'll get some sleep tonight... I'm tired, mentally and physically. I probably had the heaviest knife there, mine was designed more as a 2x4 derby knife, but I tell you what by the end of the run it felt like my arm was a hundred pounds... I was tired as hell lmao.. me and Dan are already talking about making me a lighter knife to compete with... I could of used one of his, lots of people borrowed one of his to complete with... But I'd rather compete and practice with the same knife.. Just so I improve with that knife... But my comp cutter is almost a hundred grams heavier than the ones Dan uses now.... And I weigh a hundred pounds less than him lmao

100 grams? That's less than 4 ounces (6 grams to the ounce). 1/3 of a beer!!! Man up, bro!!!!

Seriously, though, get a lighter chopper to compete with. Use the heavier knife to TRAIN with. That'll help build up your "chopping muscles" and have you get less fatigued during competition.

Yes, quite a few. You can find them on bladesports.org

The sizes are exact for length and width, but weight and thickness is not regulated. I brought my cutter from crimson, but it was a little too long and too wide at one point as well so it couldn't be used. They have a jig that sizes the knives and makes sure they are too regulation.

100 grams? That's less than 4 ounces (6 grams to the ounce). 1/3 of a beer!!! Man up, bro!!!!

Seriously, though, get a lighter chopper to compete with. Use the heavier knife to TRAIN with. That'll help build up your "chopping muscles" and have you get less fatigued during competition.

Lmao.. I'm talking about over 800 grams total though bro... Even the big guys get tired using their knives... Your going fast, and doing a lot of cutting in a short period of time with a crowd watching you... 100 extra grams becomes a big deal on the last cuts lol.

But yea practicing with the heavier blade is good advice... I won't be getting the lighter knife for quite a while... They cost a pretty penny lol

man the snark is strong with you guys... I can't keep up... well, I made the center one, the condors are there to show size. I even made the handle resin, I"m getting better at making my own resin slabs.

So yesterday I ended up at the Missouri State Fair, they had a concert that the lady-friend wanted to go to, so we went. Thing is though, State fair is in Sedalia, Mo. Which is about 75 miles from Kansas City, which is CLEAR the other end of the state. The concert (Halestorm and SevenDust) started at 1930, and wasn't over till 2230... Which meant I didn't get home till 0200 although we stopped at Gingham's for sukfest™ (supper/breakfast).

well played

man the snark is strong with you guys... I can't keep up... well, I made the center one, the condors are there to show size. I even made the handle resin, I"m getting better at making my own resin slabs.

That recurve looks hella sexy JD! Beautiful scales!

Early morning snark :/. I decided that since I have no time at night to work out anymore... that I would try getting up before the kids to get my work out in. This is going to be hard haha.

Last edited:
the sawyer permethrin spray is good stuff - and it lasts a month or so. Spray your clothes & boots thoroughly then let them dry before wearing.
I spray my boots, the top half of my socks, and my pants legs inside and out for the first foot up from the ground - then again round the waist. I also spray my hat.
I lifted up my pant legs, sprayed my socks really good, and around my shins and calves, then sprayed my pant legs. Last time that seemed to work. Maybe I got a faulty can, who knows. Won't be buying deep woods off anymore though.
I've never really had problems with chiggers, they tend to stay away from me, now ticks on the other hand....

Same here. Been in the woods and fields hundreds of times. Nothing, until now, that is.

That recurve looks hella sexy JD! Beautiful scales!

Early morning snark :/. I decided that since I have no time at night to work out anymore... that I would try getting up before the kids to get my work out in. This is going to be hard haha.
I did that for quite a few years when my girls were
little(r) but that was when I had friends that would meet me @ 5 am for a bike ride. Now, not so much. Plus old age and lack of motivation plus work (was up at 5:30 this morning just to get to a 7am meeting) has put my fitness in serious deficit. I say good on ya for trying to do it; I know I always felt pretty good getting a 35 mile ride or a swim in before work.

I did that for quite a few years when my girls were
little(r) but that was when I had friends that would meet me @ 5 am for a bike ride. Now, not so much. Plus old age and lack of motivation plus work (was up at 5:30 this morning just to get to a 7am meeting) has put my fitness in serious deficit. I say good on ya for trying to do it; I know I always felt pretty good getting a 35 mile ride or a swim in before work.

It ended up working out pretty good. I was able to get out a 2 mile run on the treadmill before my son woke up. Being a parent of young children we all know that we don't get enough sleep, but I need to be healthy in order to keep up with them at the park.

It's On like ugly on an ape... like purple on a grape... like white on rice and cold on ice.

You cats and kittens have never let me down before when it comes to helping out your friends and neighbors or a good cause or just having some good clean fun. Don't puss out and start making excuses now. :D It's time to get freezing wet to support the charity of your choice.

(and if anyone raises concerns about Becker content, I had my favorite daypack with my beloved BK-16 mounted on the strap with me during that shoot, so there. ;) )

I still don't know how to post a video so I'm down for the donation. :D
Thanks for helping me on the LOOONGG road to karmic balance! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back