1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

3-4 inch fixed blade with a specific sheath?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BIG45-70, Feb 20, 2014.

1. BIG45-70

BIG45-70

Aug 29, 2010
    I have an Esee Izula 2 and a John Greco. Both are excellent knives and I like them a lot. I'm looking for something similar with a 3 - 4 inch blade. I'm a paratrooper (Canadian forces) and jumping out planes is a regular thing. The key ingredient I need is a sheath that retains the knife threw the handle or something that offers a good solution for tieing off the knife so I don't lose it while exiting an aircraft. We are issued jump knives but I'm really not a fan.

My price range is around the $100 mark. I've been looking at an esee 3 mil and some stuff from tops.

2. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Zero tolerance 0121s sheath has a button snap that holds it in very well. Easy to draw from too. Last I've seen them was around $125 though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    BK16 would be worth a look. Little longer the 4".

4. Quillan

Quillan

Dec 15, 2013
    If you dont mind a hollow grind, the Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter fits the bill at 3.5 inches, with an excellent and very secure Kydex sheath with restraining strap. You won't lose this knife. About $99 at Warriors and Wonders in Vancouver. Former PPCLI here. Good luck, brother.