3 Day Survival course in NC 5-7Apr 10

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by oldman/Marty, Mar 18, 2010.

1. oldman/Marty

oldman/Marty

Apr 23, 2006
    Third PWYP Wilderness Survival Course, 2010 near Marion, North Carolina.
    April 5-7, 2010
    2007 marked the first year that the Wilderness Learning Center conducted a comprehensive, condensed 3 day wilderness survival course on Chestnut Mountain in North Carolina. Classes will begin at 9AM on Monday and end on Wednesday. Plus on the 4th day we will be available for any additional help anyone may need from 9AM until noon. A special guest instructor is Ethan Becker, Owner and Designer of Becker Knives. There will be at least 2 instructors present during the entire course. We will present over 30 hours of instruction and practical exercises during this course. Weather permitting we will also do a Celestial Navigation class one evening. Cost for this program will be $345.00 / person. We are also offering a special Parent/Child (under 12) rate of $525.00 or a couples rate of $630.00. A $100.00 deposit per student will be required prior to the course. Anyone interested should fill out an application and mail it, along with the deposit, to us. Make checks payable to Marty Simon. Balance will be collected on the site. Students are responsible for their own meals, water and tents. Porta-potties will be provided. Camping will be available (for free) near the site. Upon receiving your application and deposit, we will mail you a confirmation of course, receipt of deposit, suggested clothing & equipment list, map and directions. (Mark application PWYP)
    After the course you are welcome to stay and enjoy PWYP rendezvous.
    Oldman/Marty Simon

2. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Man that sounds awesome. I wish I could go this year.

3. oldman/Marty

oldman/Marty

Apr 23, 2006
    It's an annual event. Plan for next year. Don't forget we also have one in Michigan in Sep, 10.
    Oldman/Marty

4. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Michigan just might be in the cards! I forgot bout that one.