3 WW II models

For you history buffs here are the 3 most common types of kukris used during WW II.

The Mk II which is based on the WW I model, the sought after M43 with the integrated bolster and the K45 which a lot of future Indian tourist pieces are based on. This last model can be found in two types: a great, well made ground blade and a flat, soft blade. The grip is always a crude but solid affair. This is the model most pawned off as an "old" knife. Many even have WW I markings on them to prove their provenance. Caveat emptor!

View

------------------
JP

I think this can go in the "things they never taught me in public school" file (quite a huge file).

Very cool, John. Thanks for schooling me.

I look forward to the next lesson!

:
Yeah, I would like a M-43, don't know of any khukuri buff who wouldn't.
I was gonna say anyone in their right mind, but knowing how we all are here.......
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

------------------

>>>>---Yvsa-G@WebTV.net---->®

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

And how is that, bro?
smile18.gif

Read my lips, er, signature.

------------------
" Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. " Carl Jung

H I Forum posts to date: Active Forum Archive I Archive II = 36,000+
H I Office # (775) 825-2279

Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 01-26-2001).]

Oh my! All those blades standing to salute! Very suggestive, don't you think???
blush.gif

I have to get me one of those cool hats... are they akin to Scottish tartans in that the colors/patterns are unique to a clan or family line?

[This message has been edited by rkenny@wcupa.edu (edited 01-26-2001).]

That picture reminds me of US military weddings where the bride and groom walk between two lines of men with drawn swords touching overhead.

Bob

------------------
The Milk Snake: Beautiful, harmless, good-natured, eats venomous snakes for lunch.

Back