3800 "Shuffle"

Picked this one up at Wally World last Sunday, wanted to give it some carry/use before reviewing.

It's a little thing, as you can see in picture 2, it is dwarfed by a ZT0561.

The liner lock is solid, no play in any direction in the blade. The small size and the curve of the handle, do not make it the easiest knife to "flick" open, but it's not really a tactical knife IMO anyway, so normal one hand opening is fine.

Textured handle is cool, no slip for sure, and the choil is a nice idea on one this small, makes for a great precision utility cutter.

Blade was SHARP out of the box, razor sharp in fact. :)

Bottle opener is a nice feature, not sure I will use it a great deal, since I don't drink beer, but I bought some Club Soda to test it.

Lanyard hole is also a flathead screwdriver, didn't have anything around here with that size flathead on it, but see no reason why it wouldn't work just fine.

Great little EDC knife, I'm a southpaw, and while it has a reversible clip, there isn't as much relief for the thumb of a lefty to get to the stud (common on a lot of liner locks), but it's usable for a southpaw.

Plan to reverse the pocket clip, but I have to get the right tool. I thought it was a T6, but all my T6's are to small, and it almost looks like a small hex bit instead???

Anyway, I like it, $14.95, and pretty solid, and could probably handle most day to day cutting tasks, but still small enough to get by in places where a larger knife would draw negative attention.

It's real haha! Nice pics, by the way. It's good to see that little mother in the real world.

Look like a great box cutter! It's always nice to have a bottle opener in your pocket too. Nice find!

I like the shuffle. It's like having a sak in your pocket...only cooler :)

How does it feel in hand, especially with the bottle opener?

It doesn't bother me, you do almost have to use the choil to feel like you have a solid grip on it. Should have done an "in hand" shot, it's a little knife for sure.

Ill be grabbing one of these for sure, its actually something I've been quite excited about

Like I had mentioned to Jamboi in the other Shuffle thread, the Wal-mart in my city didn't have anything but a tanto Blur. But today during my lunch break I took a short drive to another wally world and found it. I didn't have any cash on me so I didn't pick it up. But it's nice to know it's in stock.

What caught me off guard were the "Wal-mart Exclusives" that I had never seen before! Meaning a Cryo in a new clam pack, as well as a brand new Funxion EMT that traded out the rubber insert for K-Texture! Check the pics! Sorry for the quality, the glass case they were in kept throwing a mean glare at me.

Ive been waiting for this for ever. I needed somthing within the boston limit that was on the cheaper side.

Like I had mentioned to Jamboi in the other Shuffle thread, the Wal-mart in my city didn't have anything but a tanto Blur. But today during my lunch break I took a short drive to another wally world and found it. I didn't have any cash on me so I didn't pick it up. But it's nice to know it's in stock.

What caught me off guard were the "Wal-mart Exclusives" that I had never seen before! Meaning a Cryo in a new clam pack, as well as a brand new Funxion EMT that traded out the rubber insert for K-Texture! Check the pics! Sorry for the quality, the glass case they were in kept throwing a mean glare at me.

^note the model numbers have been modified for wally world!
That's interesting.

Agreed. I thought enough of it to start snapping pics. Let me tell you, the staff looked at me like I was some kind of pervert haha.
You're a knife pervert. I need to check out my local Wal-Marts more often. I don't like to go in there though. There's a bunch of...... yahoo's :D.

Back