3m Yellow 964 are the better than ceramic HELP !!!!!

Hi
I am wanting to hog some metal I am up in arm wheater to get the 3m 964 or the cermaic
I have not used any other belts but the OA
and I am a new knife maker and I am looking to buy some better belts,I would like some in
put on the belts I would be greatful for any help.
Thanks.
Nathan

I have the 3M 977 orange belts, 40 grit, and they hog like crazy! I do all of my profiling with the belt sander, so they are great! the 967 are for slower speeds and less pressure, and the 977 are for higher speed and more pressure.

Nathan, I buy and use both the orange and yellow ceramic belts. I like both belts for different reasons. As Darrel indicated the yellow belts cut more aggressively. They seem to open up new abrasive with less pressure then the orange ceramics. The orange belt on the other hand hold their abrasive longer and you can really push in on them. The orange belts also give me a more even uniform cut. These results are from flat grinding on a one speed Bader grinder.

Thanks guys now i will have to learn
the grits from the rough to the finner finishing,does anyone now how the grits go on the cermics,I am confused is the 3m and the trizat different belts

Back