3V Nessmuk - Official List

Hey dan... What is the turnaround time for an 1/8 nessie in 1095? And what would be the deposit required? Thanks again for the amazing knifework.

Almost getting itchy to cancel my order and get one of the Koster knives that are readily available from okbohn.... Decisions, decisions :)

Oh my decisions decisions. I guess that 1/8" would be more true to the original design of the nessmuck being a thin keen slicer, but 1/4"flat grind might be too tempting to pass up. What to do!?

I'm actually cutting out the handles on these this morning!

Just finished gluing up the liners for those that have 'em.

:thumbup:

Will post pics later.

Dan

Thanks Dan! Getting excited...it's going to be sweet!:D

You got one in stag?!?! We will need to be seeing some pics of that beauty...

Almost getting itchy to cancel my order and get one of the Koster knives that are readily available from okbohn.... Decisions, decisions :)

I'll take your knife if you decide to back out................

Last edited:
I don't see a place on your site to place a deposit for a nessmuk. Is it too late to get in on this run? I only have three Koster's so far, and four is my lucky number! This 3v is incredible!

Just send it to my email:
dan @ kosterknives . com
(remove spaces)

I do plan on making more - this is an "open list" and not a production run.

I have the handles all cut out - waiting on liner material on one. I should be able to have these glued up by the end of next week. I'll be out of town M-W.

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Dan,
I would like to get out of this knife if possible. Would it be easier for me to find someone to take my spot?

I hate to pressure you but if these are done soon I will leave my order as is. Otherwise I need to pay for something else.

Thanks,
Zach

Hey Dan,
I would like to get out of this knife if possible. Would it be easier for me to find someone to take my spot?

Hi Dan, I am not sure what is going on, but I paid for the woodlore (50.00) and paid for a MUK downpayment-a month and a half ago. Love your work, but I have sent numerous emails to you and posted in this very thread more then once and have never received a response to either. I purchased the woodlore for 50.00, since it said the turn around time was 2 weeks. Well over a month and a half, still no woodlore and still no emails. Again, love your work- thats why I purchased the woodlore immediately and wanted to get on the list for the MUK (paid 80.00 for down payment of course) The reason I have to post here, is because nobody responds to any emails that I have sent. Please let me know if you are too busy to perform the work or if you will be sending my woodlore soon-and please get me on the list since I already paid my 80.00 deposit. If there is any issue at all after all this, please just let me know how I can proceed to backout on both accounts (woodlore and MUK downpayment). 130.00 total. Im not trying to go to paypal to get this resolved- so please just respond to me and let me know what is going on. I really have been more then patient up until now, but after a while-comon Dan. Please email me: robbinscraig@ gmail dot com
Thanks,
Craig

Hey Dan,

Hi Dan, I am not sure what is going on ... [snip] ... have sent numerous emails to you and posted in this very thread more then once and have never received a response to either ... [snip]
Craig

Guys, I think it's all part of the experience of acquiring a Koster knife ... Dan's been holding $365 of my money since December with no updates, confirmations or responses of any kind to my emails. I've tried to follow the rules he's posted about contacting him and provided order info, etc. in each communication, so am not sure why Dan Koster has not been in touch.

Extenuating circumstances -- work, family, etc. -- can derail the best of plans, and Dan has indicated that there have been some extenuating circumstances, so I'm empathetic. Though, by now I'd expected to have any kind of response to my attempts to contact Dan -- even a "message received" email or a general update to everyone posted to the forum.

So, I think this is just the way Dan does business, so never having dealt with him before, I'm a bit confused -- the product and the person have "Cadillac" reputations, but the customers get an almost self-serve experience that leaves a lot of them uncertain or in doubt about what they're getting into. If you're used to getting personalized treatment when buying premium products, buying a Koster knife can throw you for a loop.

Now ... A lot of people in the forums vouch for Dan, so I'm not overly concerned at this point. For now, I'm content to keep waiting with the expectation that when I finally do receive my knife I'll think the price was a bargain and the wait worthwhile. I'm really forgiving of the time it takes to make a great product -- after all, we're not buying Benchmade's here. What I'm not really understanding of is the lack of communication of any kind.

In essence, fellows, I think a lot of people are feeling the same as we do. Have faith, and let's see what happens.

Karl

Karzbi
I have bought two knives from Dan (both excellent quality) and can vouch for him that he makes great knives. With that said you should be aware that it may take well over an year until you get your knife as Dan is practically never on time (one man shop AFAIK). The other thing I noticed is that he seems to work on batches so the moment he really starts working on the Nessmuks he should finish them in a month or two. I knew what I am getting into but still wanted to get "customized" knife instead of buying one from the exchange or from dealer (there is a dealer selling Koster knives BTW - just search the Koster forum).
Thus, in essence, we do not have many options but to wait and consider this project as a long term investment :)

Back