4.1 in 3v or cpm 20cv?

Humidity in FL is certainly a factor but I don't believe you can go wrong with either, pitting seems to have been the major culprit with 3v but don't believe I've heard of anyone owning a SK experience that issue.

In general you're absolutely right. I have not heard any real complaints.

With that said, ask Chiral about purposely (I think) sheathing a filthy GSO 10.

Awesome thanks for the info guys!
I think i will stick with 3v then. I myself similarly was expecting 3v to rust like no tomorrow.

How often do you guys wash/oil under the hand scales?

Awesome thanks silver :D
Doesnt seem like i will have it baby 3v to much although i am sure i will end up doing so anyway as it is a gso afterall ;)

I work during the summer at a Surf Camp. I started carrying a Spyderco Salt Talisman. I rinsed it off most everytime
and it hasnt rusted a bit. I wonder how the 20cv could handle salt water?

I work during the summer at a Surf Camp. I started carrying a Spyderco Salt Talisman. I rinsed it off most everytime

Aren't all the Salts H1 steel? H1 is a different animal altogether, as i understand it, it can't rust

Aren't all the Salts H1 steel? H1 is a different animal altogether, as i understand it, it can't rust
I've seen pictures of Spyderco H1 knives that had somewhat rusty pivot washers, but the blades themselves are really corrosion resistant.
Even on those knives the damage was simply cosmetic. They are an impressive product line with respect to corrosion resistance.

I have been wondering how the 20CV would do as a dive knife? I'm really curious if anyone has something in it, and has spent anytime with it in or around the ocean. I bought a 5.1 second for when I go back to Florida, I intend on doing some hog hunting with it. I have been wondering if I could squeeze in a few dives with it, and how it would do in that regard.

Junkyard

I have been wondering how the 20CV would do as a dive knife? I'm really curious if anyone has something in it, and has spent anytime with it in or around the ocean. I bought a 5.1 second for when I go back to Florida, I intend on doing some hog hunting with it. I have been wondering if I could squeeze in a few dives with it, and how it would do in that regard.

Junkyard
Me too! It's got a ton of chromium in it but also almost 2% carbon so I don't know how that translates. Definitely interested in hearing anyone's experience also

Let me be the tester. Id take it in the ocean 3 hours a day and wash it off each after noon and see what happens by the end of summer.
All though That would be an expensive experiment if it hurt the knife.. But I bet it wouldnt hurt it if it washed off everyday.

Back