4 Blems for 10/10

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
18 inch 34 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Real workhorse! Two minutes worth of rust removal time on blade and shrinkage of satisal wood handle. $95. *SOLD*

nZCxk96.jpg

20 inch 31 ounce Cherokee Rose by Ram Kumar. Epoxy fix crack on satisal wood handle. $90. *SOLD*

TsDQC0x.jpg

16 inch 22 ounce WWII Knife by Ram Kumar. Five minutes worth of rust removal time on blade and natural grain mark on horn handle. $80. *SOLD*

K0vFGz9.jpg

15 inch 17 ounce Sirupati by Ram Kumar. Beautiful Knife! Hairline crack and slight shrinkage of horn handle. $68.

KgbOAmi.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
Man, that WWII is calling my name, but my budget is saying no this time Someone is going to end up with some sweet deals on this batch!

Did you send an email to Yangdu at the email address at the end of her post? That's what matters.
himimp@aol.com
Let her know you want it, wait for a done deal or a long gone plus the shipping cost.

Fingers crossed for you.

Just got a Done Deal on, 20 inch 31 ounce Cherokee Rose by Ram Kumar. Epoxy fix crack on satisal wood handle. $90, :)

O.B.

Did you send an email to Yangdu at the email address at the end of her post? That's what matters.
himimp@aol.com
Let her know you want it, wait for a done deal or a long gone plus the shipping cost.

Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks! I sent her an email at the same time.... habits, haha.

Those 16" WWII's make great all-purpose blades. Uncle Bill's favorite IIRC. At that length and weight, this one would be mighty handy!

Nice pix and post, thank you for sharing

Done deal:

The Ram Kumar Sirupati, my third Himalayan Imports Khukhuri.
I gave my first and second ones away to friends, so I HAD to get my hands on another one.

Namaste, guys,

Soshin
(Eleven-time Nepal-traveller)

Done deal:

The Ram Kumar Sirupati, my third Himalayan Imports Khukhuri.
I gave my first and second ones away to friends, so I HAD to get my hands on another one.

Namaste, guys,

Soshin
(Eleven-time Nepal-traveller)
Way to go! It looks like a gem!

Way to go! It looks like a gem!

I can't wait. :)
And will do a review.

My first Khukuri not bought in Nepal was a 18" Ganga Ram Special of Kumar, bought around 2007 (a monster), my second one a 15" Villager (Service-Khukuri-Style) around 2010.

This time I was looking for a khukuri with a better size-to-weight-ratio than the GRS which was VERY heavy at around twice the weight of the Sirupati and was lucky to stumble over the one I finally ordered.

I have been in Nepal several times I and can assure everyone here, that the quality you usually get there is way inferior to the quality of HI Khukuris. Besides the quality it is always the handle which is too small for western hands. Charda and Chakma are usually laughable. And IF you manage to get good quality somewhere at Durbar Marg, the upscale main road of Kathmandu (at pretty much the same price as a YBB here), it is still the handle which is too small.

I even went to a Kami in Tistung (Makwanpur District, very un-touristy place) to see if he could make me a Khukuri. While the price would have been reasonable (around 30 USD for an around 15" Standard Villager Khukuri), it would have been two days waiting and I didn't have the time.

So I can't wait and hope it will arrive before Christmas here in Austria, Europe. :)

I can't wait. :)
And will do a review.

My first Khukuri not bought in Nepal was a 18" Ganga Ram Special of Kumar, bought around 2007 (a monster), my second one a 15" Villager (Service-Khukuri-Style) around 2010.

This time I was looking for a khukuri with a better size-to-weight-ratio than the GRS which was VERY heavy at around twice the weight of the Sirupati and was lucky to stumble over the one I finally ordered.

I have been in Nepal several times I and can assure everyone here, that the quality you usually get there is way inferior to the quality of HI Khukuris. Besides the quality it is always the handle which is too small for western hands. Charda and Chakma are usually laughable. And IF you manage to get good quality somewhere at Durbar Marg, the upscale main road of Kathmandu (at pretty much the same price as a YBB here), it is still the handle which is too small.

I even went to a Kami in Tistung (Makwanpur District, very un-touristy place) to see if he could make me a Khukuri. While the price would have been reasonable (around 30 USD for an around 15" Standard Villager Khukuri), it would have been two days waiting and I didn't have the time.

So I can't wait and hope it will arrive before Christmas here in Austria, Europe. :)
I love your commentary on Nepal and the quality oh HI products! They are truly outstanding.

Customs is a pain in the axx...

I don't know how it works in other countries, but here in Austria, EU for some reason they want an invoice and a screenshot (!) of the Paypal statement. The khuk would already be here without that bureaucratic retards... :mad:

I made screenshots of every single step from a link to this thread to the EMS, the DD and finally to the Paypal statement.

I sure hope they are happy with it. Good news though: It took only seven workdays for the packet to arrive. At customs, that is... :confused:

P.S: I know, I am not one of the overly patient sort.... :p

Back