4 more winners for new 2003 -- pix and deals for 1/3/3

Finally got rid of the Chiruwa so can post more good stuff. Still haven't figured out the lighting so here's a poor pix of today's winners.

top -- 18 inch 2 pound AK by the whiz kid, Shanker. Very nice work by the kid. I think Sher taught him how to make the famous Sher almost convex edge because that's what he's got on this one. Top rate rig. Penny's worth of rust a tip saves you fifty bucks off regular. We'll deliver this winner to your door for $95.

no 2 -- 18.5 inch 33 ounce AK by Sher. Great horn handle with white streaks. Only thing wrong with entire rig is the penny's worth of rust at tip. Two minute removal time puts your hourly rate at $1500 per hour. Yours for $95.

no 3 -- 18 inch pound and a half WWII model by Sher. Beautiful glow in the dark saatisal handle. 10/10 work by one of the best kamis in Nepal. Probably the best all round khukuri we offer and you can have it for $95.

bottom -- Another Sher offering -- 18 inch 21 ounce Kobra. Blade and handle excellently done. Overall fine rig. Take it home for $75.

Call or email. Take all 4 in the same box for $350.

Attachments

• 1-3-3-  4 more winners for new year.  pix and dealss..jpg
    1-3-3- 4 more winners for new year. pix and dealss..jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 217
All beautiful and worth every penny...

I ran out of money during Christmas. I can only afford to buy some of that rust. :(

And here I was; on vacation; thinking that I would help out around the house with some of the "manly" chores and I missed out on the WW II. That sort of negates the wonderful job I did on the work around the house. :grumpy:

bt

Still looking for a good home.

top -- 18 inch 2 pound AK by the whiz kid, Shanker. Very nice work by the kid. I think Sher taught him how to make the famous Sher almost convex edge because that's what he's got on this one. Top rate rig. Penny's worth of rust a tip saves you fifty bucks off regular. We'll deliver this winner to your door for $95.

no 2 -- 18.5 inch 33 ounce AK by Sher. Great horn handle with white streaks. Only thing wrong with entire rig is the penny's worth of rust at tip. Two minute removal time puts your hourly rate at $1500 per hour. Yours for $95.

:)

I would snag the one with the Horn handle, but I already have one. :D

My 18" Ak is the one I reach for first all the time.

Sher does an excellent job. :D

And it's a good deal too. :)

I'd been looking for an 18" WWII ever since I got the Hanuman special with the Hanuman handle on the 18" WWII blade.

Then I got a Bura 16.5" horn handle, and than more than filled in for my grab it for anything khuk. It was old reliable and I was ready to face anything I had to with it. Street Punks, Lions and Tigers and Bears, or a Redwood. But it went to Greg/Sarge. It was both fittin' and proper, and by then I had my M43 and a 19" villager carved for my very own hands. But somehow not having a WWII, well, it just warn't the same.

You know how when a tooth is pulled, your tongue keeps worrying at the empty spot unable to accept the tooth's absence? Well, I didn't have a WWII, and it's absence bothered me.

I got payment for this one out in today's mail. The Postal clerk walked it back to the truck just as it was about ready to leave for Reno. You should see it in tomorrow's mail, Unc.

The BAS leaves me underwhelmed. The 15" AK is really a nice little khuk, but it just doesn't have the "something" that rightness the WWII's of either length have for me. I'll just sleep better with it in reach at night.

UB, think you might have any WW II specials for 1-18-03; my 50th birthday? That's a Saturday and I can sit by the computer waiting to pounce...well, as much of a pounce as I can muster at my age.

bt

The BAS leaves me underwhelmed. The 15" AK is really a nice little khuk, but it just doesn't have the "something" that rightness the WWII's of either length have for me. I'll just sleep better with it in reach at night

Rusty,

I keep my 20.5" GS by me when I sleep and the 18.5" GS next to my computer. :D I sleep good at night.:)

My BAS and 15" AK feel the same to me, I think the BAS that I have must be heavier than normal. The Blade thickness is the same as the 15" AK. If I was blindfolded I couldn't tell the difference between the two weight and balance is the same.

You should see the handle on my M43. The usual rings around the handle, only cut extra deep through the wood AND the steel. My small and ring finger behind the back ring, curled tight into the narrow handle curve back there, my middle finger in the dips of the rings, and my forefinger finding the deepened two front rings and in place where it should be. I know where the blade point is in the darkest night. Same with my 19" village Sirupati.

But I still miss that do anything go anywhere and get whatever the job is done feel of the WWII. It's as if the 16.5" was the 7.62 Nato ( 308 ) loaded to equal 30-06 ball velocities and the 18" is the old ought six loaded to the newer higher velocities.

There isn't much on this continent that can't be taken with one or the other. How's that saying go? "There ain't much that a man can't fix, with enough money and a 30-06". The World War II is that knd of knife to me.

btice, I'm sorry you didn't jump quick enough, but I've been trying to grab an 18"er for what? over 2 years now?

I'll get a WW II one of these days, it's not that high on my must get list, I have 5 AK's, 2 GS's and a BAS now.

Rusty, I'm glad you finally got a WW II and I know what you mean about the 30/06. I love my '03, Garand and M14; nothing quite like them. It took a while to get lucky enough to get those, so I'll keep rolling the dice and hope they come up WW II.

bt

Oh, and Uncle Bill, I'll work for $1500 an hour, but only if you can't find anyone else.

bt

Originally posted by btice
UB, think you might have any WW II specials for 1-18-03; my 50th birthday? That's a Saturday and I can sit by the computer waiting to pounce...well, as much of a pounce as I can muster at my age.

bt

Ben - my son's birthday is also that day. We'll make sure to send an extra birthday wish your way when we celebrate his. :cool:

Thanks for the early birthday wish and wish your son happy birthday for me. How old will he be?

bt

Back