4 Wheeling In The Oklahoma Woods

Thought some of you may enjoy this content, so here it goes...

A buddy and me rode about 4,000 acres that a mutual friend owns. It was a blast, but also a learning experience for me,

zPvegGo.jpg

We came across the “old homestead” that was built in the 1920’s. It’s where our buddy’s family lived.

dy30kdt.jpg

This image (about 25 yards from the house) is of “Spirit Houses” or conversely “Spook Houses” that the Native Americans build over the graves of those who have passed. When new, they are absolutely precise, with board spacing, etc. They are never touched again except to place memorial flowers. The idea behind them is to let the good energy in, and keep the bad energy out.

truvdBA.jpg

As you can see, some are deteriorated all the way down to just roof.

qcmCqNS.jpg

This was their root cellar/tornado cellar.

On up the hill was a great lookout over the Deep Fork River.

SMTFx8R.jpg

iayuUf1.jpg

Now deep in the woods we found a farm implement that we both believe was multi-function.

Hwke34d.jpg

All of this is on Creek Nation Tribal lands. I was grateful to get to ride it.

Beautiful country and pics, Thanks for sharing. My grandma was full blooded native American out of Oklahoma pretty cool little houses and stories, both my kids were born there also. It looks like you had a nice place to hang out and visit.

Beautiful country and pics, Thanks for sharing. My grandma was full blooded native American out of Oklahoma pretty cool little houses and stories, both my kids were born there also. It looks like you had a nice place to hang out and visit.

The history runs deep here for sure. We only have ridden two public areas, both just OK, but nothing like riding private property, especially when they’re Native American. Most of the lands are 2,500 to 10K acres. You just never know what you’re going to discover.

Winches and snatch blocks are highly recommended.

Last edited:
Your pics are giving me such Red Dead Redemption vibes, not sure if anyone plays or catches the reference lol. Love the solitude in those pictures, good to get out and away once in awhile (a little harder to do here in CT, I'm jealous).

Back