$400 can opener

Alright. Round 12.

The can had a pull ring but to hell with that.

4M0d7Zf.jpg

Some scuffing on the dark etch but no actual scarring to the blade.

vX6zC1D.jpg

Alright. Round 12.

The can had a pull ring but to hell with that.

4M0d7Zf.jpg

Some scuffing on the dark etch but no actual scarring to the blade.

vX6zC1D.jpg
You are down the rabbit hole now. No turning back. As that knife ages, and gets a patina on the slabs AND the blade, it will start to become something that is truly personal to you.

Hope I’m not encouraging regrettable behaviour, but good on you for letting that knife live a full life.

You are down the rabbit hole now. No turning back. As that knife ages, and gets a patina on the slabs AND the blade, it will start to become something that is truly personal to you.

Hope I’m not encouraging regrettable behaviour, but good on you for letting that knife live a full life.
I bought this particular one with just that in mind.

I wonder if something with ZDP-189 could handle this or if there would be too much risk of chipping.

Nice work! Nothing like opening a can of beans with a “gentleman’s folder”.
Hey even those gentleman types gotta eat!
I honestly was not planning on opening the can, just maybe piercing it a bit. However when that thin blade pushed in so smoothly and the little knife was as solid as a rock I just couldn’t NOT open that can.
Oh and my mutts ate the beans!

Hey even those gentleman types gotta eat!
I honestly was not planning on opening the can, just maybe piercing it a bit. However when that thin blade pushed in so smoothly and the little knife was as solid as a rock I just couldn’t NOT open that can.
Oh and my mutts ate the beans!
P.U. I never allowed my dogs to eat beans. Too stinky.

Back