440B to 440C steel year of change on Buxton Fighter?

Mike Pierson

Freedom is not Free
I am wondering around what year was a change made on the Wayne Buxton Fighter steel from 440B to 440C?
Ive had 2 now and am interested to discover when the change was believed to have happened in the SS steel, and possibly why?63D4491C-618C-44A5-89C4-B357987128F6.jpeg
Thanks!
*Looking for another if anyone might part with theirs?*

Thanks!
I had read somewhere that they had changed, but also contacted the Buxton's shop today and you are correct they said that was an incorrect rumor about the steel changing.
The only real changes were to the numbering= after BF#92 the system changed to read BF 93 without the # sign thereafter.

Did you ask if he had any available? He usually does.

This might be my favorite model, although I go back and forth on the “skull crusher” pommel. Part of me wants to hack it off, but it’s also part of what makes it special

Did you ask if he had any available? He usually does.

This might be my favorite model, although I go back and forth on the “skull crusher” pommel. Part of me wants to hack it off, but it’s also part of what makes it special

I did ask and was told I could order one or any model thru them. They did not have any BF models available but have about 3 others there for sale like an Arkansas Toothpick.

This is a good knife for me, like the length and the features. The skull crusher reminds me of a few Busse models I have like the much longer DSF Terror Monkey.
I am always looking for these to pop up on the Forum reasonably priced.
;)

His page is very good he keeps it updated with what is “available now”.

In the past it’s always been 2-3 pages now it’s 3 knives.

The extended tang is a throw back to the original Model 14 “Attack”. So it is a cool historical feature on the Buxton Fighter.

It’s interesting how differently the “crushers” are finished. Some are almost a half circle others just have the corners knocked off.

Last edited:
His page is very good he keeps it updated with what is “available now”.

In the past it’s always been 2-3 pages now it’s 3 knives.

The extended tang is a throw back to the original Model 14 “Attack”. So it is a cool historical feature on the Buxton Fighter.

It’s interesting how differently the “crushers” are finished. Some are almost a half circle others just have the corners knocked off.
I am going to check out the "different" crushers, I had not noticed this, thumbs up!
Yes the Buxton Fighter is my hands down favorite Randall Made model also, second for me is the Sergeant model, another I regret selling off but am looking to replace.

Back