498m doing well I guess.

Well the 498m some how got in the hunting knife line up. Told some one get a knife from my bucket of blades and that's what they grabbed, wanting a leather handle. They saw the solid "Clip Point" and used it the week they were up. Person didn't like the look of the 1211 but loved the leather handled long 1095 steel blade with a solid spine. Looks like every thing was done with that knife the week it was gone. Well it was made a designated beater knife to keep the Ka-bar tanto and extremes from being beaten to death, well the 1095 steel seems like it wasn't abused... Well that person was good with knives and just used the edge and cleaned the knife good before giving it back. It looks unused! Good 7" straight solid piece of 1095, with a strong spine, no fuller, and strong point. I can see how it was preferred it over the 1211 I offered. I was told "Don't want to break your knife." When he left I gave him one of my 1075 RD6s. "Why didn't you give me this in the first place?" I was asked. I didn't have one in the car to give him at the time. But for field use, the 498m seems better than a 1211. To bad its no longer made.

498m

Last edited:
Back