5.5" Talwar

Hey CS, I was wondering if there were any more pictures of the larger talwar other then the pictures on the website. Perhaps pictures of it in hand? I am very interested because of the 2" broad blade but also curious because of the dimensions.Or just any further details would be appreciated, I think A LOT of people are eyeing this blade.

That model hasn't been released yet so there are only pictures of the prototype (that was shown at the NRA Show and IWA in Germany).
If I can source the prototype I will take a picture for you

I just picked up the 4-inch version and plan on getting the 5.5-inch version too.

Quite an interesting knife!

I like my 4" version, but like many others, I'm anxiously waiting for the 5.5" to become available. Looks awesome!

Ew....! Thanks for CS's photo, now I really want that 5.5" Talwar!!! The grip!!! I love the back portion of that beast!!! Hope it comes with plain edge!

I have the 4 inch blade model and plan on getting the larger ones too! Id also like to find one of the older custom talwar knives that looks like a fancy scimitar.

I wanted to get the 4 inch Talwar so bad, but I just don't trust any sort of synthetic handle without at least aluminum liners. I know it's just a quirk of mine, but I'm a quirky guy! :cool: They are on both of my 5.5 Voyagers. Why did CS decide to go without them on the new models? Just curious.

Last edited:
We've made a lot of advancements in the synthetics field and we've had great success when testing different materials for our knife handles and our walking sticks etc.
In our tests the handles held up to a lot of abuse. They performed amazingly well. We've been very happy with their durability and obviously without liners they have made the knives even lighter while improving their balance.

Any time frame on when it will be released? Also you guys think the street price will be under 100 dollars, knifecenter has pre-order available fro 110 but the price usually drops a good bit after a knife has been out awhile.

Was trying to decide on the new marauder, recon 1 xl, or the xl voyager, but luckily you posted that prototype pic and now i have decided on that talwar.

Back