50 grit and knuckles...Bad combo

Bailey Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It seems like lately, I cant keep my knuckles off of the belt. I have gone so long without an injury, then in the last couple weeks, I have decided to make up for it all. This is probably the third time, but the only photo worthy. I know the rules... get an injury, and snap a pic as quickly as possible. Here it is. Feel free to show some of your own injuries here also.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 250

SDS

Hey, that looks like my fingers after I try tapering a tang.

SDS

Did someone order hamburger lol
thats sucks but with every ouch@#%!&* we learn alot

Matthew Gregory

Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment
...about the only time it happens to me now is when I ask too much out of a 60 grit belt...

...which is most of the time!:D

Heal quickly!

nice rash....that should only take about 3 weeks or so to heal up...
you know I had one of those a month or so ago and the healed maybe in a week it was weird I have never healed that fast before it was that bad too maybe you'll get lucky too keep it clean

get used to it. last week i ground off some skin on my elbow while using my belt sander. it wasnt picture worthy, just half the size of a dime. i had all 4 knuckles on my right hand look like your index finger but from a 40 grit belt about 14 years ago. it tends to make you a little gunshy of coarse belts for a while :D.

I always thought thats what knuckles were supposed to look like. BTW you got my hair on your fingers than I have on my head........

Had that on three fingers about a month ago, flattening the back side of bone and leaning a wee bit hard on a dull 24 grit Norzon.
Ken