5452HH Congress problem

Hi all. I recently purchased 5452HH Stag Congress NIB, Soligen made, from ebay. The knife was exactly as described and had all the paperwork. It is a new knife.

The problem I am having is that the knife has horribly weak backsprings. The main blade is the worse, but all four blades are way too easy to close, offering barely any resistance. This is obviously a quality control issue. I'm both surprised and disappointed as I have always had great luck with Boker and have always found them to walk and talk with authority. I have an older Boker Barlow that even after getting wet and rusting some due to a storage mishap still walks and talks sharply. It takes some pressure to overcome the spring to close either blade and they both snap home crisply. So having such limp actions on this knife is a total bummer. I had hopes of making this my summer in San Antonio knife given the (dull out of the box) stainless blades. Summers here are a bit humid and of course sweaty pockets is a given. I prefer carbon steel, but appreciate certain situations where stainless is not a bad idea.

I've left a message on the Boker USA CS/Repair line. Is there a better way to contact the company about getting this thing taken care of?

Thanks in advance for any help and for letting me vent. I'm more disappointed than upset. I've just always expected so much more out of a Boker.

Sir,
I just got into the office and got your message. I am sorry that the knife you received was defective, as well as sorry I could not respond earlier.
Unfortunately, every once in awhile, one will get through QC, but if you would send the knife back to us, I will either get it repaired, or replaced for you.
Thanks, Terry

Terry, Thanks.

To every one else, I just got off the phone with Terry and was amazed at the fast response time and courteous treatment. When people in a company take customer service as part of the product it reminds us of what has been lost in the lean, mean approach to business in America. I've got around 28yrs in various types of customer service, so I appreciate when someone provides good CS.

Thanks again.

Amos

Sir,
I received your knife today.
I will have a replacement out to you as soon as I get the
paperwork back from processing.
Thanks, Terry

Terry,

Thanks for the info. I've been lax in checking here. Much apprciated. I look forward to the new one.

Best,
Amos

Terry,

I got the knife today. Thank you very much. Beautiful knife, good springs, sharp out of the box, and a nice walk and talk. This is the Boker I know and love. Excellent customer service that is very much appreciated.

All the best,
Amos

Old thread, but I gotta jump in to say it anyway, nice work on TJT and Bokers part!

Great to see such a high level of customer service today!

Back