6 Inch Chef in VG10 with Octagonal Handles

Ban

This one is full convex ground .095 thick VG10. Convex grind transitions right into a high polished zero convex edge. Octagonal handle is made of polished Black Canvas Micarta with mosaic pins.

This one is available on the exchange if anyone is interested.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1069446-6-Inch-Chef-in-VG10-with-Octagonal-Handles

8750064900_097032c91e_b.jpg

Yeah that one was purdy! Looking to make a few more with similar handle style

Ban, any plans on making a longer version, maybe 10"? As an avid home cook and someone who is deeply obsessed with kitchen cutlery, a 6" chef's knife just doesn't present much usefulness. I will say that it looks fantastic from a fit and finish stand point.

I am working on a few 8"-8 1/2" with similar handles. That is the max blade length that my current material inventory will allow. Will probably do one in VG-10 and Elmax.

8.5" is a good starting point, 10" or 240mm is the sweet spot for heavy prep tasks. I love your style, keep up the good work.

Can't say I do anything fancy in my kitchen, but I've found an 8" chef's and a 3.25" paring to accomplish most anything I need to do. I'd love to get a 8-8.5" BT Chef's and a paired paring knife. I suppose I'd want to splurge for a 10-12" down the line, if I ever got into big prep work.

I cook quite a bit of small meals these days and exclusively use something with a 6" inch blade. I suppose it is called a Petty Chef or something of that nature. I can see how having a larger blade would be more efficient and useful when doing heavy food prep.

Back