• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

7" Chefs knife in white #2 & Bocote SOLD

Hi there,

Here is a knife I just finished up for sale.

The blade is hand forged to final thickness. Hope you like it!

Steel: White #2 core with 22-layer 'Suminigashi' cladding (not stainless)
HRC: around 62

OAL: 11 1/2"
Blade length: 7"
Spine thickness: about 2.1mm
width at the heel: 47mm
Weight: quite light ;)

Handle: Bocote with a vulcanized fiber spacer

The balance point is right on the pinch grip about 1.5 cm in front of the handle.

The handle is a touch smaller than my usual handles, I have large hands and it still fits comfortably in my hands though. If you have giant claws you might want to pass on this one. ;)

PRICE DROP! was 250 USD now 220 USD shipped SOLD!

PayPal only please to hazenbergknives@gmail.com (Also my email if you want to get in contact)

Thanks for looking!

Jelle

DSC_4044_zpsetw9n0lw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_4041_zpsmy4dmnd7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_4037_zpsznxrretf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_4039_zps30lgcktd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Another nice one Jelle! Loving the pair I picked up from you, the small one is my go to apple knife.

I'm posting another similar size knife tomorrow, so if this one doesn't push you into debt, then the next one just might. :p

Somebody should buy this ASAP, it's a bargain! I got two customs from Jelle and they are great. The steel and heat treat are great, white steel is a classic kitchen steel simple to sharpen and gets razor sharp easily. The profile works great on the cutting board: enough flat at the heel for chopping and enough belly towards the tip for classic rocking cuts and slicing. The grind is excellent, the edge sharp, and the fit and finish great: the spine and choil areas are very nicely relieved/rounded so they are very comfortable in hand with a pinch grip. Also, his handles are genius, the most comfortable I've held in recent memory!

I'm with Milk on this and I believe Lone wolf also, Jelle makes one heck of a kitchen blade! For all the reasons Milk laid out and more. His handle style looks a little odd but they are really comfortable. If you haven't tried one of his fine blades you sure are missing out.

In need of a new kitchen knife. This one is quite beautiful. Please explain what the 22-layer 'Suminigashi' cladding not stainless is. I have alot of knives but am not familiar with this. Is this a type of steel?

Hi, The cladding is basically a 22 layer damascus made of steels that are not stainless. Since it's quite a low layer count, the resulting pattern resembles the patterns created by the art form Suminigashi, which is the japanese way of marbling paper. (painting with ink in water)

If you search Suminigashi in google you can find some pictures.

Back