710 m4

Jay S.

Platinum Member
Like an idiot, I sold both of my 710's in M390. I am looking hard at the M4 version but am concerned about the reported dents in the blade due to it hitting the stand offs. Two questions - was this a real issue, and if so, has it been resolved? Some have said that it doesn't come anywhere near the stand off and couldn't possibly have made contact with it. If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

The blade on mine doesnt come close to standoffs. Not sure if they changed the design, it was isolated to a few knives, or something else. Bought it about 2 months ago.

I was worried after I placed my order three months ago, and it finally came with no issues whatsoever, when I called KW they explained that it was an issue with a few early ones and has since been corrected.. My blade edge lands nowhere near the standoffs - you shouldn't have any issues, I believe that KW went through and checked their supply after the few complaints.. (And there were only a few)..

It's a great knife, the 710 is in my "top Benchmade's of all time" list.

You probably saw my posts and I had it happen with two of them. I ordered them when they first came out however so both were the newers ones.

I purchased mine about two months ago and everything was fine with it except for a burnt tip. It's a great knife and one of my favorite BMs.

Back