7OT with fine pearl & gemstone inlays by Jimmy Sabo

Jimmy Sabo, the man behind " Jimmyz Pocket Jewelry", creates all sorts of innovative, cartoon-like designs on knife handles using the Zuni inlay technique. His work is incredibly detailed and of the highest quality. He uses all sorts of gemstones and pearl as inlay materials. This knife sports a mirror-polished blade and Rococo-style engraved bolsters as well. In 2016 it was Jimmy's cousin doing the engraving on these knives.

This late-era stainless 7OT knife was customized by Jimmy in 2016. I can remember seeing the original 2016 online auction. I really wanted the knife but just couldn't afford it that particular day so I had to let it pass.

Fast-forward four years later to 2020 and I came across it again. This time at an undervalued buy-it-now price. I bought it in a heartbeat! This knife took a four-year slow-boat to get to me but it was well worth the wait.

I received the knife earlier this week and gave it a thorough cleaning and polishing today. It definitely qualifies as jewelry. It's a one-knife, Viking Berserker-themed light show. I cranked-up a Stockholm, Sweden, Sept. 28, 1968 "The Doors" concert included in the "Light My Fire Live - 1967-1972" 6-cd box-set while I cleaned the knife. I nearly broke-on-through just watching the pearl and opals sparkle. Both the knife and the concert are outstanding! https://www.discogs.com/The-Doors-Light-My-Fire-Live-1967-1972/release/15705435

Copied from Sabo's original 2016 auction listing:

"This true auction with a 99 cent start and NO RESERVE is for a 5 inch now discontinued manufacturing in the USA 70T and it is a Schrade.. The brass bolsters have been hand engraved and as you can see in the photos I down loaded here they are very intricate deep and very sharp. This is the same style that is used on American paper money and is called Ricocco. The front side has a lot of different colors and materials and all of them have a mother of pearl border around each of them.. This is a lock-back knife and although the blade has been buffed down to a mirror like shine the blade is a little slow going back into the frame of the knife might have a little sludge in it from polishing so I will shoot it with a drop of oil and work on it so that when the lucky high bidder receives it it will be the best it can be.. Now on the backside we used another viking and it is the center inlay and we did it in MOP and around it we used gold lip pearl.. The border around this Viking is Jett Onyx and there are lightning rods of pearl 3 each on the sides.. These borders have silver spacers around them... On this side we did channel inlays of MOP with Jett Onyx spacers and then lattice work of gold lip and mother of pearl.. on the center stripe that separates the two different sides we used more Jett Onyx and drilled out holes and put in red ruby man created opal for a great shine and extra pop."

Some detailed scans. Last pic has it grouped with an appropriate Schrade sheath beside an abalone 498S and a pearl 877.

hTL3cRD.jpg

1bRjleW.jpg

RKrPZW8.jpg

QiJ8ksi.jpg

seAUJmA.jpg

P50JPgx.jpg

Last edited:
Back