8.5" Bura Gool is a hard worker

From 11/12 DOD.
Wow, what a good feel in the hand. A good hearty feel, not heavy though. Fine balance and well put together.
I wonder if Sir Wharncliffe ever traveled to the Gool region in Nepal. I can't imagine what a hand forged, high and tight knife like this would run domestically. Holly picked this beauty as she remembered this design is good for carving and whittling. I used it to carve some designs on the top of some walking staffs for xmas. ( ok...I broke the last digi camera :eek: and I am buying Holly a new one for xmas, there will eventually be pics...sorry )

The surprise came when I was up on the roof making some shingle repairs before the white hell that is western new york snow arrives in force. I forgot my shingle cutter on the ground, and being the lazy person I am I used my new Bura Gool-cliffe to cut tar paper and score some hi quality shingles. I thought i'd have to score and bend em, but it just cut right through em. With the out of the triangle-box edge. No dulling, went back to carving later. :thumbup:

Hol also squirreled away the wonderful grand Baby Chit from the other day DOD for our youngest daughter( she already absolutely loves the kagan katne mom gave her, she helps me skin the varmints we hunt so she's a real knife user )
Seems to be some sort of family addiction developing.
Also (hoping it's not sacriligious), I was repairing some fencing where our kids ride horses and I use the cho on my WWII 17" to snap fence wire, worked better than those silly bayonet-scabbard deelies.

Light and Thanks to all here,
mark

Fantastic real world review of your tools, Mark. Very well done, sir:thumbup::)

I have the gool on my "when it pops up and I have a few bucks" list. I love the Wharncliffe blade shape. It seems to be a very useful and non-threatening shape for utility knife.

Great use of the cho! I would probably try it if I ever had to snap wire.

Nice to read about blades being used. That is what they are made for. It's great that others in your family share your enthusiasm for these things.

Best wishes....Coote

Great review, thank you

Back