• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" AEB-L Chef Knife 'PLB' Model in Hawaiian Koa

Matthew Gregory

Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment
Just finished up one of my 8" 'PLB' model chef's knives, made of .098" thick AEB-L, with heat treating done by me, in-house, including cryogenic treatment. This one is right at about RC 62.

AEB-L is a unique steel, in that it has next to no alloying elements to offer increased wear resistance, having just enough chromium to make it stainless steel, and only enough carbon to provide great hardness, making for fantastic edge stability and yet still being easy enough to maintain. Blade features full distal tapering with a machine finish to reduce sticking, and is ground to .004" previous to sharpening.

This knife features a slightly upraised handle, in stupendously beautiful stabilized Koa, with stainless steel pins. The 'PLB' model refers to my Pudgy Lil' Buddy's suggestion that I increase the height of the blade at the heel for increased knuckle clearance. This one is 2-3/8" at the heel. Handle tapers from thinner at the front to thicker at the back, allowing for almost neutral blade balance when gripped forward.

20262629076_901bfdf82e_b.jpg

Price: $SOLD via Paypal, shipped to anywhere in the continental US. Contact me for shipping elsewhere and we'll find a way. I'll absorb all Paypal fees.

My Paypal address is: mgregoryknivesATyahoo.com

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Back