8 BirGorkha village model just in. Pix and deals.

All 8 of these knives were made by Kumar and brother Sher. I think Sher made all of the larger models and maybe one small version. These are great knives made to do the job for 100 years -- typical of what you'd see in the country but probably a cut or two better in both quality and appearance.

top -- four available like this. 15+ inches, pound and a quarter, tough. Good tough karda and chakma made to use. Typical scabbard and frog by village sarki in new leather with steel chape.

bottom -- four available all by Sher, I think. 20 inches and about 2.25 pounds made to do the job for 100 years. Very good size karda and chakma made to use. Steel mmounted. Same scabbard by village sarki. You might be able to see this one took a hit during shipping which dinged the chape but it's still on and very useable.

top models are $75
bottom models are $125

Great knives at good prices. Don't think you can find this much knife, this quality, at these prices.

Call or email.

Attachments

• 10-07-02 -- 8 village models.jpg
    10-07-02 -- 8 village models.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 564
Those are just like I was talking about this morning. Good looking and hard working knives! The big one must be calling AD. All the best.

Sam

Well, if my cat hadn't decided to get a $165 urinary tract infection this weekend, I would be ordering one of those 20 inchers:( Anybody want to trade a useless but expensive beast for a khukuri?
--Josh

Mail sent on 15"

I actually would like to own a khuk made by Sher, but since my 16.5 Kumar villager is awesome, I really don't care if I would end up with a Kumar piece :).

-Emile

I ordered a big one just now. The only larger khuk I have is the 27" Royal Banspati and it don't get used although it was tested and thorougly.:)

The large version looks just about perfect for a chopping/shaping knife.

I hate being poor...

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
Yvsa--what is the 27" Royal Banspati of which you wrote?

Keith

Keith the Royal Banspati came originally in the 27" size and later Bura brought out an 18" model that cost less.
The khuks blades are carved on one side with two dragons and on the other with a Yak, Owl (in a tree), an Elephant and a Tiger and another Owl, again in a tree along with lots of spirals and curliques.:)
The handles are brass and done in the Tashi Dill style, Bill will have to explain that.
Bura did the entire rig, except for the scabbard, if I remember correctly. Their price and collectivety should have jumped a bunch since Bura's unfortunate medical problem.:(
I hate the brass handles because they stink to me. I love the look of brass, but have never liked the smell of brass and brass from India (and Nepal) seems to smell worse than all, IMO!!!!:barf:

Yvsa, i thought you had experience with the larger Ganga Ram special?
don't you own one anymore?

munk

I think I've seen a WWII model with the two dragons, jsut didn't know what it was called, I think MauiRob posted pix of his a while back...

thanks!

Keith

I'll need the false teeth for chewing leather for food if I get the purchase of one of the 20"s.

munk

I'd trade all my ivory handled khukuris for the set of teeth I had 50 years ago -- and I'd promise to take better care of them the second time around. Wonder if I could make a few teeth out of the handles and glue them into the gaps?

Back