• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" Chefs White#2 Olive. No longer for sale.

Hi guys!

I've kind of an interesting piece here for sale today. I'm starting to work more and more on the details of the shapes in the knife handle. Most of this is done with files. Rough shaping is done with sanders and then I do the final shaping and finishing by hand with files and sandpaper. It takes a while, but it's also a lot of fun. I hope you like it.

I took quite a few shots just to give you a bit of an idea of what's going on. :)

Steel: White #2 core with 22-layer 'Sumingashi' cladding. (not rust proof)
HRC: around 62

OAL: 13"
Blade length: 1/4" under 8" aka 7 3/4"
Heel height: 50mm
Spine thickness: around 2.3mm
Balance point is at my makers mark
Corners on the spine are eased, choil is rounded

The blade is hand forged to final thickness andt he bevels have been ground with a mild convex to zero before final sharpening.

There's also the option of having the knife engraved with my Pyrographer. Additional price would depend on the size and/or intricacy of the engraving. Short names and initials will be free ;)
I will add a picture at the bottom of this post of an example on a knife I finished recently.

Price: 295 USD shipping included NO LONGER FOR SALE

PayPal only please to: hazenbergknives@gmail.com

Please feel free to ask question if you have em!

Thanks for looking!

Jelle

Here are exactly one million pictures.

Last edited:
Gorgeous! You're really upping your game, Jelle! One day when I'm not spending all my money on wood, steel, and tools, I'll be asking for a new custom from you! :thumbup:

I REALLY like that handle shape! I want my next knife to have that.

I've looked at these pictures several times now, Jelle. This is such an amazingly beautiful custom knife, and this handle, looks absolutely gorgeous! :thumbup:

I will without a doubt, be buying one of your knives (hopefully soon). As I stated in my email to you, I'm partial to a certain pattern of Koa wood (like the tight stripes that you sent me in that picture).

Best of luck selling this to the lucky buyer, & wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving across the water! Let me guess: being that you live in Ireland, you're probably having a potato casserole for dinner (Lone_Wolfe's secret recipe)? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks John! Happy Thanksgiving to you to. Like I said I've never used Koa but I have always admired it. What I like about this knife is that even though the Olive is quite plain, because of it's texture and the shape of the handle, It has a kind of lush feeling when you pick it up in your hand. I can only guess but a knife like this with either walrus or mammoth Ivory would be quite something. :0

Yeah Lone_Wolf and I trade knives for recipes. ;)

All the best.

Back