• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" x 3" Kangaroo On Glass Strop For Universal Stone Holders + 8"x 3" Kangaroo on 0.25" Float Glass

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Kangaroo On Glass Strop For Universal Stone Holders

This is an 8" x 3" strop for universal stone holders (stone holder shown not included). I used birdsall natural veg tan kangaroo leather that is just under 1mm or 2oz, it's very thin / dense and makes for an excellent stropping surface. The base is made from .5" poplar that was run though a jointer / planer and then hand sanded on 3m sandpaper that was attached to a sheet of glass. I cut to size 3/32" glass, sanded to remove any sharp / rough edges and attached the glass to the base. I attached the glass to the base and the roo leather to the glass with 3m 950 double sided adhesive (it's very thin and the adhesive is strong).

Asking $35 shipped (U.S. only)

Please note I cannot ship this to California

qdgJdqKl.jpg

1O5Wa4zl.jpg

phv9xxMl.jpg

OjYQ2E0l.jpg

ZEFqPbdl.jpg

KaMK3hZl.jpg

gF3JweHl.jpg

LmtD8Sml.jpg

YuCml9nl.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kangaroo On 0.25" Float Glass For Universal Stone Holders

This is an 8" x 3" strop for universal stone holders (stone holder shown not included). I used birdsall natural veg tan kangaroo leather that is just under 1mm or 2oz, it's very thin / dense and makes for an excellent stropping surface. The base is made from 0.25" float glass that was cut to size, sanded and buffed (roo was attached via 3m 950 tape). The kangaroo on glass makes for an extremely flat surface and produces excellent results.
Asking $32 shipped (U.S. only)

Please note I cannot ship this to California

kSHFYZil.jpg

WFzeDWPl.jpg

5jFUXgel.jpg

YyVCVQXl.jpg

KCBrDVll.jpg

I4yNKC4l.jpg

Last edited:
Don can I get another one please, how do you clean these. Thanks
To clean I normally use a large pink eraser, can also use a little rubbing alcohol afterwards on clean paper towel just be sure not to saturate it.

Back