841 Sprint Pro

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Mike Kerins, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Mike Kerins

Mike Kerins Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 14, 2004
    I just ordered one of these from Buck to put in an emergency bag in my vehicle. It looks like just the size and profile I was looking for. Does anyone have any experience with one?

2. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    yep. have select versions and pro. good little flipper knife on bearings. handle is nice and easy to hold for it's smaller size. biggest complaint some have is the pocket clip and the angle the bottom of it juts out. also the clip is not setup to be ambi. wont matter if youre not a southpaw.

Mike Kerins and KarlG like this.
  3. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Very nice blade shape, decent handle, not a great pocket clip. It's a light duty knife, overall, but it should hold up to a fair amount of work. I use mine for EDC and I think it's a great design for that. I could see it performing well as a hunting knife as well though there isn't a ton of belly for skinning.

It slices and pierces well so it's a pretty good destroyer of cardboard, tape, packages, plastic security packaging or whatever you call that design of over-sized plastic package.

It's lightweight and the action is good but the scales on my burlap one aren't the most secure. I would actually love to see this blade in a sturdier frame like the 110 or in a small fixed blade, but it's a pretty solid EDC choice as is. I think I've had one since shortly after the initial sell out happened and they restocked.

[​IMG]

m r merrill and Mike Kerins like this.
  4. Mike Kerins

Nov 14, 2004
    Thanks for the feedback. This will go into an emergency pack that I keep in my SUV. I bought a Selkirk fire starter to go in there too. I keep an old military blanket, a well stocked first aid bag, flashlight, gloves, etc. If things go to hell, I like to be prepared. I might stock some energy bars too.

5. KarlG

KarlG Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Pretty spot on assesment. O'd add that it is nice and light coming in at a light 3.2 Oz on the Select Glass Filled Nylon Handle Model with 420C at about 50 bucks. !/2 that if you are in the BCCI. It is vey easy and quick opening with the flipper and roller bearings. The angle of the clip is easily adjusted with a vise if desired, i never did no my two variants because they weren't a problem and I am R handed.

Personally. I always use fixed blades in survival kits and carry a folder EDC.

jbmonkey and Mike Kerins like this.
  6. Mike Kerins

Nov 14, 2004
    if I was going out in the bush I would totally agree. This is for a vehicle emergency kit, primarily if we are broken down on the side of the road or are involved in some sort of accident. I also put in a multi tool and carry an EDC. I thought a second one would be a good idea.