8Cr13MoV

To be honest - and I understand I am probably alone in that opinion - but I don't like spyder throwers (I got them) or any of the dedicated "throwing knives. I have a range of them. And I don't like any of them.
_vyr_95_vyr_34throwing-knife-acejet-stinger-set-4.jpg

Why, well first to me they are not knives to me. If you ask ten people on the street and show them the above picture and ask them what this is? Some would say, some sort of a dart, maybe some paper weight, a lot would think it's some pole to tie down a tent or some encampment. Or if you ask them to cut an orange or do some stuff a knife does.. well it won't work! These throwers don't do what I want a knife should be able to do...cut stuff, cut fruit, cut something. So everything I associate to a knife, the typical throwing knife does not have.

To me these and other similar throwing knifes are basically some stick of metal with a rough rough barely recognizable resemblance to a knife. So when I learn to throw a knife I want to be able to throw a knife that does the function of a knife, it has to be a knife I can carry and EDC with me and that does the number one function a knife has.. cutting stuff. A folder fulfills all of that and also allows me to carry it in my pocket.

So NGVI - with all due respect, I can throw my folder as much as I please whether you like it or not.. and you can do with yours what you want. Quite frankly throwing folders actually shows which are made well and which are not! And there's a huge difference! And the tenacious hold up really well. And sure I wouldnt throw the USD 500 custom folder.

Btw nothing against acejet throwing knifes. I think they are the best if ones out there if looking for dedicated throwing knifes (oh and their targets are awesome too)

Can any of you guys on here give me some pro's and con's on 8Cr13MoV. Also in comparison to other steels. Thanks.
My experience with it is that it is not too bad in reality. What's more important is the enjoyment one can get from having an adventure (with a knife) rather than crazily focusing upon what steel the knife is made from. I can tell you from experience this is not going to help you when you are camping on a deserted island with one tree and having to catch fish if u want to eat and rationing your water.

Back