9" Dragon Bolt any good?

I recently fell in love with knife throwing again (spurred on by that Expendables movie). What I am not in love with is spending money on knives, especially fancy over priced sets since that's all that NY has to offer in stores. So i have a friend in Jersey who will order some sets and bring them to us (no shipping to NY). I already know from the knives we have between us i like at least 8 1/2" or larger knife and i tend to like them a little heavy feeling but i can throw light knives just as well. What i am really wondering is if anyone here has personal experience with the 6 piece -Dragon Bolt- 9" Throwing knife set.

yhst-87907108690836_2119_11173685

http://www.security-wizard.net/6pibo9thkn.html

I found a wholesale dealer that sells that set for a ridiculous price and if i can get some feedback saying they are at least as good or better than an "On Target" set i am going to buy like 10 sets.

I've thrown similar knives. They'll stick in things! They're ok- not great. might take a ding or two or bend a little, but that's easy to fix with a file or a hammer. 60 identical throwing knives sounds like a good time!

Yeah they look like they could bend easy, but i figure with so many of them my friends and i could get into competitive throwing and even if new throwers want to try it won't be a big deal when they get ruined. I also would like to buy a higher quality set for myself and i am figuring on probably a hibbens set maybe..

A47%20GH2033.jpg

http://budk.com/Outdoor-Sports/Gil-Hibben-Competition-Throwing-Knife-Triple-Set

since they are similar and i am hoping it makes practicing more benificial.

whats the weight on these knifes? looks like another cheap super lightweight ebay knock off to me but I could be wrong. What kinda steel are they using? Surgical steel is actually not good for throwing knifes. Surgical steel is made to be sharp but brittle. I can't tell you have many I have broken off!

I have the 8 1/2inch Dragon Bolt, its made of 440 stainless by HERO EDGE... This knife is TOUGH had a beginner throw it, it hit my sidewalk with such force i thought it broke in half. Retrieved it and the sidewalk had a huge gash missing and the knife had no damage but a medium sized scatch that buffed out with my dremel.. i want as many sets as i can find, it also gives great consistincy and accurate solid sticks when thrown properly... EVERY TIME.

Yeah they look like they could bend easy, but i figure with so many of them my friends and i could get into competitive throwing and even if new throwers want to try it won't be a big deal when they get ruined. I also would like to buy a higher quality set for myself and i am figuring on probably a hibbens set maybe..

A47%20GH2033.jpg

http://budk.com/Outdoor-Sports/Gil-Hibben-Competition-Throwing-Knife-Triple-Set

since they are similar and i am hoping it makes practicing more benificial.
I have both the mini and full size versions of that set. You get what you pay for. They work great and are plenty strong.

I'd love to hear from you to see how it's been going. It's fun to see these old posts to see if you've reached your goal of competitive throwing. I hope you got that Hibben set. They are seriously awesome knives, and are the best throwers I've ever had the pleasure of throwing. I, too, have the large and medium pro set. I love my large for 12' and beyond, and the smaller ones are accurate as hell at 12'. Give us a shout! I'm trying to get some life into the throwing forum!!!

Back