940 loose deep pocket clip, possible to fix?

Hey guys/gals,

I have been using the 940-1 for a while with the Benchmade deep pocket clip. It works fine for the most part, but I think the clip is just too loose for my tastes. Is there a way to make it tighter? Where should I bend the clip, if I have to do that to make it less loose? Thanks.

I have oversprung many pocket clips over the years.

If you are able, try removing the clip (and take out the screws). Grab two pair of pliers (or pliers and a vice) and carefully bend it back to the desired tension you’d like.

For a deep carry clip I use channel lock pliers and squeeze the bend. If your worried about the finish on the clip use a cloth or tape the clip first.

It may take a few tries.

I usually install clip upside down so that it hangs off the knife bend it down a bit and reinstall correctly. No tools no marking up the clip with pliers etc.

I usually install clip upside down so that it hangs off the knife bend it down a bit and reinstall correctly. No tools no marking up the clip with pliers etc.

This is what I would recommend.

The screws that came with the deep pocket clip isn't long enough to install it upside down. Looks like I might have to bend it a bit.

The screws that came with the deep pocket clip isn't long enough to install it upside down. Looks like I might have to bend it a bit.
Install like this then gently push down to bend. Then reinstall
64b9ikw.jpg

Back