9in disc grinder tilting base?

Does this exist? I'd like to be able to use the disc in both positions. The only one I've seen is from AMK but it doesn't appear they sell just the base. Has anyone built one? If so can you show pics?

What is a tilting base for a disc grinder? U mean u can rotate to use the disc face in a vertical or horizontal position?

If so, there is an easier method, I believe @i4Marc showed this to me.
You weld up a base to the motor mount and you position it by simply moving the whole unit. Pics will explain this best

Last edited:
The other way I’ve seen is make a simple wood box and mount the disc grind to that. Then you make a “receiver” of wood panels on top of the workbench that the box sits down into with an open slot down the front. Then you can pick the entire grind and box assembly up and drop it into the receiver oriented whichever way you want it. I’ve been considering whether to try this setup or but the same thing you found. My concern with the rotating stand is height and the grinder getting farther away when the disc is horizontal. The box rig up would put the disc higher when vertical and closer when horizontal.

easy peasy

awfbtSV.jpg

ArvsYqD.jpg

Adam, I have those two images of yours saved to my computer from the last time you shared them lol. That'll be the route I'm taking when I get around to it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (Some older vids of some of the older knives I made)

Back