1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation? A cleaning Look

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Obcessed, Dec 8, 2018 at 12:58 PM.

1. Obcessed

Obcessed

Nov 14, 2018
    The MANIX 2 is one of my favorite knifes and gets the most carry time of my folders. I am always looking for little tweaks that can be done. My latest brain storm is to get 3 extra clip screws to fill the holes where the clip is not attached. I have checked high and low and even contacted Spyderco. Spyderco thought that was a bad idea as they felt the extra torq on the scales could change the functioning of the knife. Also had concerns the length of the screws could adversely effect the opening and closing of the knife.
    I am trying to obtain three Spyderco screws and washers I do not know the size of the screws. Any ideas would be appreciated where the screws can be obtained. Washers are to address the issue of the screws hitting the blade since there will be no clip.

2. FK

FK Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    I have thought about the same subject many times over the years.
    Really dislike the 4 way clip option with open screw holes at the pivot and washer area.
    After market screws or plugs would be a great product.
    Another option would be to remove the scales and fill the open unused holes with colored epoxy to match the scales.

FK

Gary W. Graley, colin.p and Dallas T like this.
  3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Spyderco (and other manufacturers) should think about eliminating tip down carry option so that these screw holes can be gone forever, or produce only a small number of folders with that option. Heck I would suggest on a given knife, making left carry or right carry only, but not both.

A primary example of a screw notch ruining the aesthetics is ZT 0804. That deep notch on the cf scale is just plain ugly.

4. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    I'm perfectly happy excluding the tip up children to get rid of the ugly extra clip holes!

5. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    1st world problems.

Unsightly screws holes.

GundaManiac and 5-by-5 like this.
  6. blame it on god

blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    The screws are 2-56. Short button head socket head cap would do.

7. Obcessed

Obcessed

Nov 14, 2018
    Great information. I am now in a position to order some screws from Knife Makers and a major world issue has been solved.