A couple in process

I finally got some orders and projects cleared and I am now back to working on some more interesting stuff. Well, more interesting to me at least.

Here is a version of the micro Bowie I already posted. This one is 5" overall, handle is a touch more than 2.35". D2 steel, black linen micarta(to be bead blasted) Going to Blade

DSCN0919.jpg

This one is a custom Lancer soon to be headed to Germany. The blade has been reduced to 12cm and is single edge to meet legal restrictions. Blade still needs to get a final finish.

DSCN0920.jpg

Nice, I like that Micro Bowie a lot. Looks like a good design for a larger knife too.

Thanks. I think so as well. I had a bowie design that had a 4-5" blade. I wasn't a big fan of it. I am going to work on growing this one up to a 4-5" version and then to a 7-10" version.

Here is another one I fianlly finished up. It is an older design I played with. It was inspired by the Yataghan sword.

DSCN0921.jpg

Here is another one I fianlly finished up. It is an older design I played with. It was inspired by the Yataghan sword.

DSCN0921.jpg
Whoa, that's really cool. Great design and execution, Dirk! :thumbup:

Hark - this one is UN-sharpened, false edge. It is .160" thick.

I am detecting a trend. It would appear my smaller designs seem to be attracting more attention than the larger models. Perhaps that is where I should focus my attention?

I don't know about that. I'd be much more happy with that micro-bowie in large size, personally.

Also, worth mentioning that I haven't actually seen much in the way of your larger designs. Most of the recent posts you've had have showcased your smaller designs, so it's probably natural that they're getting more interest. I'd love to see more pics of your larger pieces for sure.

Back